Newcastle United vs. Burnley: 30/09/23 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

13 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

So that's Botman, Bruno, Wilson, Isak (according to rumours), added to Barnes and Willock. Chris, that would be quite an injury list very early in the season.

It’s the injury list we avoided last season coming back to bite us in the ass. Virtually all the teams are running a stack of injuries - says more about the ridiculous fixture congestion than anything else.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Thought Dummett would be a more natural replacement being a left footer, but I guess Howe doesn't want to push his luck.

Yeah he can't play 90 minutes twice in 4 days when he hasn't played a competitive match for over a year. Trust in wor Lacelles. He's a different beast now..

2 minutes ago, Lish007 said:

Yeah he can't play 90 minutes twice in 4 days when he hasn't played a competitive match for over a year. Trust in wor Lacelles. He's a different beast now..

Always like Lascelles anyway tbh, he's rarely let us down.

Incidentally I didn't realised Dummett was only 32. I had assumed he was about 35 he's been out of the side for so long.

Just now, nemtizz said:

We’ll be fine for this but everyone knew not signing a CB was a mistake. 

I know, just look at last week for instance. Both starting CB not playing and just look what happened.