Newcastle United vs. Burnley: 30/09/23 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

57 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

More importantly, there’s no chance Eddie will disrespect PL opposition by fielding a weak-ish side. In the league cup third round is one thing, in the league no chance.

There's weakened and there's rotation.

49 minutes ago, madras said:

There's weakened and there's rotation.

Playing the same team as vs City, as was suggested, goes beyond rotation though. I can’t see the likes of Miley, Dummett and Hall getting a PL start (yet) when Eddie has his regular picks available. They will probably assess firness levels of each individual player and decide on a case by case basis if they’re fit enough to play here and next Wednesday, or need to be rested/subbed off. I don’t think Eddie will prioritise the PSG game over the Burnley one. The league is arguably even the priority out of the two.

2 hours ago, Disco said:

Looking forward to this. Back in the Gallowgate for the first time in an age and think it’ll be a pretty open game. 

Assume getting in is still a farce?

It was for Brentford.  I still don’t get why.  When we got there is was a s quick as the old turnstile. Still a 30 minute wait though. 

8 hours ago, RodneyCisse said:

This is going to be tight and horrible or a mental 5-0 isn’t it?

Or both. It'll probably be tight and horrible right up until we score and that'll change the game entirely. All just depends on when we can get the goal.

3 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Or both. It'll probably be tight and horrible right up until we score and that'll change the game entirely. All just depends on when we can get the goal.

Burnley are an absolutely horrible team to play against 

3 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Burnley are an absolutely horrible team to play against 

I wouldn’t say so these days. They’re nothing like they were under Dyche. They try to build from the back and cut teams open with their passing but they leave big gaps open between defence and midfield specifically. They’re also prone to individual errors and aren’t great at creating much or finishing chances. Hence why they’re near the bottom. They’re also no where near as fit as us. 

Edited by Joelinton7

6 hours ago, Disco said:

Looking forward to this. Back in the Gallowgate for the first time in an age and think it’ll be a pretty open game. 

Assume getting in is still a farce?

Piece of piss if wallet correctly loaded, problem you may have is people in front of you in queue may not have done so, been a hell of a lot better last couple home games though so seemingly more people are doing what's required with the loading into wallets etc.