Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Newcastle United: 28/10/23 @ 17:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

It's weird, this time 7 days ago we had just beaten Palace 4-0 and were flying, but it does feel a lot has changed since then. Losing to Dortmund, losing Isak, confirmation of Tonali ban, Murphy, even Anderson being out for a significant amount of time, seemingly out of nowhere. Lascelles has done reasonably well, but he's not really a player you want to rely on for a lengthy period, and I thought Botman may have been back by now from what Howe was saying in Palace press conference, but probably still a few weeks out.

18 minutes ago, BShearer said:

Howe hates to rotate, hope it doesnt bite us in the ass of main players ran into the ground by Christmas.

with the schedule front of us, its gonna be sick run of games.

today is the easiest fixture of the next 4 games, and it aint easy by any chance, Wolves can be decent for spells of the game and hurt us with their speed if we are not careful. they beat City and made Pool suffer as well.

Who exactly should he be rotating? We can barely put a bench out man [emoji38]

4 minutes ago, NUFCDoog said:

Yeah the first 11 is still really good, problem is we've got this, Man Utd Wednesday and then Arsenal Saturday, realistically this side won't be able to be at their best for all 3 of them, after tonight one of them is a write off

Wouldn't object to a reserve team on Wednesday. It's a pity as we could have had a chance with the cup again.

Just now, Paullow said:

It's weird, this time 7 days ago we had just beaten Palace 4-0 and were flying, but it does feel a lot has changed since then. Losing to Dortmund, losing Isak, confirmation of Tonali ban, Murphy, even Anderson being out for a significant amount of time, seemingly out of nowhere. Lascelles has done reasonably well, but he's not really a player you want to rely on for a lengthy period, and I thought Botman may have been back by now from what Howe was saying in Palace press conference, but probably still a few weeks out.

I have no problem whatsoever relying on lascelles and we still have an option of moving burns to CB and playing Targett. Our defense is still fine - it’s the other areas that warrants worrying.

15 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

obviously are - 14 years of neglect I suppose. I work with a junior dev at the moment and I do big him up but I know he’s just not good enough and sometimes it’s just that. 

Would have loved if we put a 15-16 year old striker/winger on the bench instead of putting 2 goalkeepers. For a youngster that would mean the world just to sit on the bench, and might boost/motivate to work harder to become a first team player..