Bournemouth vs. Newcastle United: 11/11/23 @ 17:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

We really could do with a win today tbh. Keep the pressure up on the other CL/EL contenders and also to get an away win which so far have been hard to come by (Sheffield Utd aside). A draw wouldn’t be a disaster in any way, shape or form but a win would set us up nicely before the break. 

2 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I watch these guys every week despite watching not one Newcastle channel!! They put a video out about Eddie when we appointed him and I've followed them for there. Very good, impartial content. Tom Jordan in particular knows his football.

If anyone is travelling with any spare tickets, please can you get in touch. Me and a friend are down in Bournemouth for the game, but ticketless. Would be happy to slip someone some extra silver for it. 

Edited by Jimmy
Typo

3 hours ago, Ikon said:

Aye mate. I’m sure that Howe and the team expec to win it otherwise they won’t be too happy I’m certain of. Not the end of the world but a win would be great. I simply didn’t want folks on here on my back by saying that we should win this :lol: With ambition hope and expectations and belief go up. It’s natural no matter what business. 

Believe should go up but expectation shouldn’t. Unless of course you don’t know how football works and how narrow the margins are between the top and the bottom of the table. 

Just going off last season alone when we arguably put out a stronger first XI and still we were a bit fortunate to get a 1-1 draw down there. At home we were fortunate to get a 1-1 as thought they were also the better team marginally up here for spells of the game and it took a penalty to get us level. Then we played them at home in the Cup and it took a fortunate OG to secure us a narrow victory.

Over a season we are a better team but don’t for once think these are going to be a pushover at home. We need to get the first goal IMO.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Howe will only play Gordon striker if it works tactically. He may decide to let Joelinton play there initially or even Willock. Don't be surprised if there's a suprise.

i would prefer joelinton up there and then it keeps Gordon in his best position. Makes more sense to me. Seems crazy that the club only has 2 strikers on the books.