Premiership Keeper Poll

Delima
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest MrBrightside18

Jaaskelainen is massively underrated.

:thup:

Jaaskelainen is underrated too.

A Goalkeeper is only as good as his defence, which is why I rate Jaaskelainen so highly as Bolton do not have the most prolific defence in the Premiership.  Saying that though, the same could be said for Shay

I chose Given and Sorensen, basically because they have both played for Sunderland and are very good keepers, although Tommy has slipped up a bit usually in big games since he left us.  And Cech as he is a fantastic keeper imo.

Although I feel England at this moment in time this moment has the best selection of keepers in the top league than it has had for a while, such a shame so few are English.  With the likes of James, Jaaskelainen, Cudicini, Isaksson, Van Der Sar, Niemi, and Freidel all playing in the prem as well.  With the likes of Foster, Kirkland, and Carson and I get the impresson from here that Krul looks very good as well coming through very well, which can only be good for England in the future, considering keepers generally peak late in their career.

Can't kick, can't command his box, no conviction when coming through a crowd of players and tries his best to dive OUT of the way of penalties.

kicks aswell as most

i'll assume points 2 and 3 are related.this is an old claim made against him and for me he comes and gets as many as anyone.the days when a schmeichael would dominate at corners/free kicks has gone and most prem keepers are a lot more wary of coming for crosses...purely on the command of his box issue,it's an old phrase and i dont think any prem keeper has done this since the aforementioned dane.

Shay Given is definately not the best keeper in the league. He may be one of the top 4/5 but he's not the best. Anyone on here who says he is would have a different opinion if they weren't Newcastle fans IMO.

I've seen quite a bit of Ben Foster when at Watford games [/traitor]

And his shot stopping and reactions are brilliant, top class. His distribution is OK but nothing special, but definately an England no.1 in the making.

Watford are doing shit anyway but without him they'd have about 4 points IMO. IF they stay up (huge if) it will be down to him i'm sure.

Guest NSMagpie

1. Petr Cech- you really can't find any fault on this man. Except, perhaps, that his head is not made of cast steel.

2. Shay Given- Unbelievable shot stopper from point blank range, consistent, charismatic- gives some credibility to always shaky NUFC defence, great style. Sometimes makes mistakes when ball is in the air, lacks perhaps an inch or two in height to be perfect, and that is his weakest spot.

3. Jussi Jaaskelainen- Consistent, concentrated, very athletic, as many already pointed out, vastly underrated. Not as good as Given and Cech when stopping difficult shots inside the penalty area.

Didn't make the top 3 just because he's not the youngest chap in PL- Edwin Van Der Saar, otherwise, trustworthy goalkeeper playing in excellent form this season.

Guest Invicta_Toon

I think you'd get a similar result on many boards, only the keeper they've seen most would be the spike, ie their own.

that's not a spike, thats a Mugabe election result

I think you'd get a similar result on many boards, only the keeper they've seen most would be the spike, ie their own.

The OP asked for three votes. Given will get one most of the time even if people don't think he's the best.

The OP asked for three votes. Given will get one most of the time even if people don't think he's the best.

blueyes.gif