Premiership Keeper Poll

Delima
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What a surprise, all of the cretins who have Given as the best keeper in the league need to have a word with themselves tbh

Can't kick, can't command his box, no conviction when coming through a crowd of players and tries his best to dive OUT of the way of penalties.

He's a good shot-stopper.  That is all.

There are at least half a dozen keepers I'd have in front of him and probably even closer to a full dozen.  If he is that good why hasn't he been snapped up by another team?

Haahahaahahahaa, fuck me sideways.  Just seen Harper as an option :D :D :D

I'm sure Shay would be delighted that the person who thinks Ibrahimovic > Henry thinks that he's not one of the league's top

keepers.

As for the bit in bold, fuck me, is that the best argument you can come up with? Christ Almighty.

I don't think that the poll is that far off.

The top four keepers - Given, Cech, Van Der Sar, and Jaaskelainen are not THAT surprising. I think that a fair number of neutrals would rate Given highly-- maybe not first. But I think he would be  near the top.

I am surprised that Reina is not getting more votes.

--

...And Hahnemann is the Reading keeper. Went to the World Cup backing up Kasey Keller and Tim Howard.

Guest Latrell

The voting system is known as proportional representation.Given cannot lose. Make it one vote per person and you will likely get a different result.

What a surprise, all of the cretins who have Given as the best keeper in the league need to have a word with themselves tbh

Can't kick, can't command his box, no conviction when coming through a crowd of players and tries his best to dive OUT of the way of penalties.

He's a good shot-stopper.  That is all.

There are at least half a dozen keepers I'd have in front of him and probably even closer to a full dozen.  If he is that good why hasn't he been snapped up by another team?

Haahahaahahahaa, fuck me sideways.  Just seen Harper as an option :D :D :D

I'm sure Shay would be delighted that the person who thinks Ibrahimovic > Henry thinks that he's not one of the league's top

keepers.

As for the bit in bold, fuck me, is that the best argument you can come up with? Christ Almighty.

Show me a quote where I have said Zlatan is better than Henry

If the fact that he hasn't been snapped up by someone better was my best argument it would have been the first thing I mentioned.  It wasn't so it isn't. 

In short, get a clue.

Guest Village Idiot

Jaaskelainen, Foster (he will be incredible in years to come), Cech  -- in no particular order

To me Shay is Top 5. Just not Top 3. Although I'm a big fan of him (used to be one of my goalkeeping heroes when I played as goalie in the Sunday leagues).

Lehmann is just too inconsistent, as Reina (can't forget that Roberto Carlos goal... grrrrrrrrrrrrr...), although they are excellent when in form.

Guest toonelaide

My picks were:

Cech: Consistent, also the fact Chelsea concedes so little suggests he communicates with his defence well.

Van Der Saar: Been great for years and this is no exception.

Given: A consistent performer and a world class shot stopper.

Scott Carson is better than Ben Foster  blueyes.gif

I like Carson better too. Never seen him have a bad game. Can't say the same for Foster.

When do you see Foster having a bad game though? On the contrary I thought Carson has been very ordinary in a few games when the team is suffering great defeat, whereas Foster has always kept his head high.

Opinions I suppose.

Scott Carson is better than Ben Foster  blueyes.gif

I like Carson better too. Never seen him have a bad game. Can't say the same for Foster.

When do you see Foster having a bad game though? On the contrary I thought Carson has been very ordinary in a few games when the team is suffering great defeat, whereas Foster has always kept his head high.

Opinions I suppose.

But picking him as one of your top 3 keepers in the PL when he can't get in Man U's first team?

But picking him as one of your top 3 keepers in the PL when he can't get in Man U's first team?

VDS has a lot a lot more experience than Ben Foster. While Foster is doing great and learning fast in Watford, VDS is doing well in Manchester United. If the current keeper is an integral part to the best defense in premiership, why replace him with a "potentially" better keeper?

Foster has not had the authority of VDS earned through experience and medals. I doubt the likes of Ferdinand, Brown, Silvestre, Neville will listen to the commands of Foster.

VDS has a lot a lot more experience than Ben Foster. While Foster is doing great and learning fast in Watford, VDS is doing well in Manchester United. If the current keeper is an integral part to the best defense in premiership, why replace him with a "potentially" better keeper?

Foster has not had the authority of VDS earned through experience and medals. I doubt the likes of Ferdinand, Brown, Silvestre, Neville will listen to the commands of Foster.

You have some sort of fetish with Man United players, especially the young ones!