FA Cup Third Round: sunderland (A) 06/01/24 @ 12:45 - Live on ITV

20 hours ago, Wandy said:

On RTG their ITKs are now adamant that we have been given 7k tickets and have got the whole North Stand, both upper & lower tier.

Given how bad our away form is this season, this game is no longer a shoe-in. Anything but, in fact.

It shouldn't be the case but lose this and I could see a section of the fanbase losing faith in Eddie. Not wanting him out per se, but just jumping on any setback going forward with a wild over-reaction.

Times might have changed but, like it or not, this is still our biggest game of the season. We can't lose this match, not when we have such an obvious upper hand on the field...and definitely not when they've basically given us their entire home end.

I said this the other day to a friend that if we somehow lose this all the foundations that Howe has built up could come crashing down. This is an absolute must not lose and if we do it could be an absolute disaster for him, lets be honest if we somehow did lose wed never live the fucker down. We should be going absolute full strength and looking to smash them with no remorse really

8 minutes ago, jack j said:

Wonder if there has been a change of plan

Was expecting the details coming out today

Mackems on RTG reckon they’ll drop the details at 5pm when the ticket office phone lines close. :lol: 

On 06/12/2023 at 18:05, The Fountain said:

We have the potential to, however if football was that predictable I'd be rich.

True.

We should give you a good game and provided we don't concede early and implode it might be tight, but I would expect the extra quality to shine through in the end.

I have absolutely no worries about the Sunderland game. I absolutely and honestly believe we will get the job done with relative ease.

Why do I think this?

Because when we get drawn against lower opposition we tend to struggle because we take the games far too easy and appear to think we only have to turn up. Added to that is the minnow team's die for the cause attitude.

This game will be different for us because we will be going there fully focused and under no illusions because the local lads will absolutely spell it all out for the rest.

They know the minnow team (Sunderland) will die for the cause just like all the other minnows but Goliath (Newcastle United) will slay little David (Sunderland) when David (Sunderland) realises a tiny pebble in his sling will simply bounce off Goliath and the return swat of Goliath's  will put David to sleep for good.

The result will be Sunderland 1 Newcastle United 7.

End of story.

Save this post and see if I'm right. :bluestar:

1 minute ago, magvicar said:

I have absolutely no worries about the Sunderland game. I absolutely and honestly believe we will get the job done with relative ease.

Why do I think this?

Because when we get drawn against lower opposition we tend to struggle because we take the games far too easy and appear to think we only have to turn up. Added to that is the minnow team's die for the cause attitude.

This game will be different for us because we will be going there fully focused and under no illusions because the local lads will absolutely spell it all out for the rest.

They know the minnow team (Sunderland) will die for the cause just like all the other minnows but Goliath (Newcastle United) will slay little David (Sunderland) when David (Sunderland) realises a tiny pebble in his sling will simply bounce off Goliath and the return swat of Goliath's  will put David to sleep for good.

The result will be Sunderland 1 Newcastle United 7.

End of story.

Save this post and see if I'm right. :bluestar:

Thats a bit of a fantasy really i expect us to win with ease and score 3 or 4 with a full strength 11 out...............any more than 4 on their own patch would be fucking outrageous and something theyd never be able to forget

1 minute ago, BullyDogs said:

Thats a bit of a fantasy really i expect us to win with ease and score 3 or 4 with a full strength 11 out...............any more than 4 on their own patch would be fucking outrageous and something theyd never be able to forget

They certainly won't forget this.

It's going to happen, I can feel it in my bones.

36 minutes ago, BullyDogs said:

I said this the other day to a friend that if we somehow lose this all the foundations that Howe has built up could come crashing down. This is an absolute must not lose and if we do it could be an absolute disaster for him, lets be honest if we somehow did lose wed never live the fucker down. We should be going absolute full strength and looking to smash them with no remorse really

Shut up 

37 minutes ago, BullyDogs said:

Why?

2 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Why?

i feel a portion of the fanbase will not forgive for losing that game and the subsequent fall out from it. All of us as football fans are fickle and things can change in the game very quickly you can go from hero to zero in a quick time. Mourinho at Chelsea being an example of it

Im not by any means saying it will happen im just saying that if we did somehow lose the game the fallout could be massive

i feel a portion of the fanbase will not forgive for losing that game and the subsequent fall out from it. All of us as football fans are fickle and things can change in the game very quickly you can go from hero to zero in a quick time. Mourinho at Chelsea being an example of it

Im not by any means saying it will happen im just saying that if we did somehow lose the game the fallout could be massive

Nah, we're not them. We'll collectively be able to see the bigger picture, which is you know, Eddie Howe getting us to the Champions League and all that. One potential loss against a side in the Championship play-offs will be painful but no way will it result in Howe getting the sack.

I think you're fucking mental.

1 minute ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Nah, we're not them. We'll collectively be able to see the bigger picture, which is you know, Eddie Howe getting us to the Champions League and all that. One potential loss against a side in the Championship play-offs will be painful but no way will it result in Howe getting the sack.

i never said hed be sacked what i said is that sections of our fanbase may lose faith a big emphasis on the word MAY, losing to sunderland is absolutely not the same as if we lost to Bristol City or Preston. 

Just now, Dr Venkman said:

Loads of our fans still stick up for Pardew, and we’re going to hound EH out after one defeat to these lot? [emoji38]

Who are these fans, Pardew was only a fannys hair away from being as bad as Bruce for me

i never said hed be sacked what i said is that sections of our fanbase may lose faith a big emphasis on the word MAY, losing to sunderland is absolutely not the same as if we lost to Bristol City or Preston. 

Yes it is.

9 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

:lol:

3 minutes ago, madras said:
10 minutes ago, madras said:

I'm with you on the idea that it wouldn't spell disaster for Howe but it's not the same as Bristol City or Preston.

Bizarre take not sure why anyone would claim that. Would be Howes biggest loss after the cup final I think so guess managers are some times judged on those types of games. Don't think it would effect his standing too much at Newcaslte however.