FA Cup Third Round: sunderland (A) 06/01/24 @ 12:45 - Live on ITV

45 minutes ago, huss9 said:

starting to get a bit twitchy about this game now.

no way we'll go full strength.

If there’s anything we’ve learnt about Howe the last few games, it’s that we definitely will go full strength. 

14 minutes ago, Jordan said:

If there’s anything we’ve learnt about Howe the last few games, it’s that we definitely will go full strength. 

Really ? We didn't go full strength in the Carabou. I don't expect full strength but I expect a strong line up.

25 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

We’d get £25 of it tbf

(Not really fair, mind)

We sometimes let the small NE club keep the receipts to help keep them afloat so maybe not. I remember last year we let Benfield keep all the gate money from the Northumberland Senior Cup match.

1 hour ago, Wallsendmag said:

We sometimes let the small NE club keep the receipts to help keep them afloat so maybe not. I remember last year we let Benfield keep all the gate money from the Northumberland Senior Cup match.

We should definitely make that offer.  It would be a frisk, as the radgies used to say

5 minutes ago, SteV said:

I doubt there’s actually anything dodgy going on but they’ve made a bit of pigs ear of the explanation of it all, which inevitably leads to what’s going on now.

It does look pretty dodgy - they've posted a screenshot of an invoice for something costing £14.5k plus £500 transaction fees from the fundraising website. So why were they asking for £17k? 

22 minutes ago, mondonewc said:

Home fans only though, would assume they'll be strict about that for this game :(

I remember the ‘lock out‘ derbies in 96/97 - there was a box of Mackems in the East Stand.  They went mental when they scored - and so did the odd punter around the ground.  The ones in the pleb seats were booted; the ones in the box got to stay.

Can’t imagine it would happen today, but who knows. 

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I remember the ‘lock out‘ derbies in 96/97 - there was a box of Mackems in the East Stand.  They went mental when they scored - and so did the odd punter around the ground.  The ones in the pleb seats were booted; the ones in the box got to stay.

Can’t imagine it would happen today, but who knows. 

Sent them an email enquiring as a "neutral fan" :) Will share what they say. 

"Thank you for your recent email regarding hospitality game for the Sunderland vs Newcastle FA Cup 3rd Round Draw.

We are still awaiting confirmation on prices and packages. Please be aware that we give first refusal to our seasonal clients, partners, sponsors.  

Once we have determined what packages / spaces we have remaining we will reach out to you again with this information. 

Please be aware we will not be accepting bookings from away fans or mixed fans bookings. 

Please note we have no executive boxes available for this fixture." 

30 minutes ago, mondonewc said:

"Thank you for your recent email regarding hospitality game for the Sunderland vs Newcastle FA Cup 3rd Round Draw.

We are still awaiting confirmation on prices and packages. Please be aware that we give first refusal to our seasonal clients, partners, sponsors.  

Once we have determined what packages / spaces we have remaining we will reach out to you again with this information. 

Please be aware we will not be accepting bookings from away fans or mixed fans bookings. 

Please note we have no executive boxes available for this fixture." 

‘Or mixed fans bookings’

Aye, I can definitely see that happening :)