FA Cup Third Round: sunderland (A) 06/01/24 @ 12:45 - Live on ITV

5 minutes ago, Scoot said:

They're on about going to the press about how their display was rejected by the club. Local and national. As if any fucker bar the sunderland echo would give a fucking shite about their shitty flag display being knocked back. One day they might realise that no one outside sunderland gives a shiny shite about them.

:D I'm pretty sure Heron said that our owners' attitude was the same with Wor flags: the owners wanted banners to be pro-our-team, rather than anti-opponent. Not an unreasonable request.

So to summarize, unless I'm missing anything....

-We have been allocated slightly lower than the 15% usually given for the FA cup.

-Our fans will need to travel by bus as that was the only way we would get near our full allocation.....

And the Mackems are absolutely raging at this injustice done to them? ???

40 minutes ago, SteV said:

Now wanting to organise a mass walk out at the next home game.

This is an incredible collective head loss.

The daft sods have picked the 70th minute to do it as well, which is around the same time most of them start leaving anyway :lol:

29 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I don't see why they just can't have a sea of red-and-white with a banner/surfer adorned with all the SAFC legends?

You've got Kevin Phillips...erm...Pickford?...actually I can see why they went with Sports Washing...

Hendo......oh wait

So today, correct me if I've missed anything out here, they've managed to:

acquire Michael Beale as their new manager who is already trending on twitter before they actually announce it,

cave in and let 6000 Newcastle fans watch the derby,

Turf their own season ticket holders out in the process,

Allow said Newcastle fans hospitality seats and

Block anti-Newcastle banners from being displayed AFTER they've already paid for them

What a day man :lol:

2 hours ago, Mills and Boon said:

It's incredibly amateur and tin pot looking but I can't see why it would be banned by their ownership?

Because their owner has put in £10k for a display he assumed would be about Sunderland, bigging up the club he owns. He didn’t bank on their little obsessed minds would make it all about us. 

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

Because their owner has put in £10k for a display he assumed would be about Sunderland, bigging up the club he owns. He didn’t bank on their little obsessed minds would make it all about us. 

Imo he donated as he knew they'd be critical of our ownership and this was his way of stopping it.

His family will have interests in KSA I'd guess.

5 minutes ago, The Fountain said:

Imo he donated as he knew they'd be critical of our ownership and this was his way of stopping it.

His family will have interests in KSA I'd guess.

Regardless it’s hillarious they have this well funded opportunity to make a fantastic display about Sunderland in a Derby. Give their players a boost….Our players have said on record many times how the wor flag displays make them feel and they tried to make it anti Saudi in a sports direct design. Incredible really 

2 hours ago, Keegans Export said:

Not bothered about human rights abuses...until it involves NUFC

Not bothered about the environment...until it involves NUFC

There is no wrong they won't stand against. As long as it involves NUFC.

Honestly, I think the lass is joking with this one