FA Cup Third Round: sunderland (A) 06/01/24 @ 12:45 - Live on ITV

Was a shit draw when it was made. People got chewed out for saying so at the time should at least have people seeing why.

Not even saying we'll lose. Just that its a shit nothing tangible to gain draw.

I'd be confident in saying we'll dominate this fixture henceforth and could well finish above them every season for the rest of our lives.

but a one off game!?

On 23/12/2023 at 18:08, NUFCDoog said:

Could be the shittest derby in history this, two absolutely shite in form teams scrapping it out

Could say that about nearly every derby of the last 40years. Probably been less than a handful of games that weren't poor spectacles.

Is it the sensible and adult thing to not be bothered if we got beat by sunderland?

There is no excuces, of course we should beat them and we should be livid if we dont. I mean they are a medicore championship side, right?

Of course i would 100% keep Eddie what ever happens, but it would be hard to argue with the owners if they would sack him. As things stand a hammering is waiting at Anfield and a loss at sunderland.

57 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Imagine Liverpool fans saying if they lost to Everton they would want Klopp sacked , it's embarrassing really is .

You can use that analogy when Everton are unbeaten in nine games against Liverpool.

4 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Anybody still looking forward to this?

I really am.
Firstly, expecting a reaction against Liverpool away. By reaction, I mean a better performance and maybe scrape a draw or narrow defeat, rather than something more remarkable. This will tee us up for a very strong away performance in the dark place.

The planets are now aligned; the team who defeated Man Utd twice, plus Man City, and Arsenal; the team who put four or more past PSG, Villa, Chelsea and Palace; the team who recorded our biggest away win in our 131 year history, that team are back for the FA Cup. 

(Really weakens the rallying message to add ‘I hope’. So I won’t 😉)

3 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

Was a shit draw when it was made. People got chewed out for saying so at the time should at least have people seeing why.

Not even saying we'll lose. Just that its a shit nothing tangible to gain draw.

I'd be confident in saying we'll dominate this fixture henceforth and could well finish above them every season for the rest of our lives.

but a one off game!?

Aye, wasn't a fan of the draw at the time, but it was made on Sunday 3rd December, the day after we had deservedly beaten Manchester United, but since then:

Everton 3 Newcastle 0

Spurs 4 Newcastle 1

Newcastle 1 Milan 2

Newcastle 3 Fulham 0 (but not sure we'd have won had Jimenez only been booked)

Chelsea 1 Newcastle 1 and out on pens

Luton 1 Newcastle 0

Newcastle 1 Forest 3

Pretty much everything that could have gone wrong since the draw was made, has. Disaster of a December.

16 hours ago, Geogaddi said:

Imagine Liverpool fans saying if they lost to Everton they would want Klopp sacked , it's embarrassing really is .

Difference being of course that assuming we get our usual defeat at Anfield, losing to Sunderland would be our 5th loss in a row and our 8th in 10 games. We'd be out of the cup and our season would effectively be over. Aside from that, Liverpool and Everton play in the same league whereas Sunderland are a lower league game so as things stand it's not really all that comparable.

16 hours ago, RodneyCisse said:

We’re due to batter someone, might as well be these.

:lol: based on what? We've created nowt in the last 180 minutes of football, one soft pen otherwise opposition keepers can put their feet up