FA Cup Third Round: sunderland (A) 06/01/24 @ 12:45 - Live on ITV

19 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

All these kit comments contradicting my memories just reinforcing how drunk I have to get just to sit through these matches, and how successfully I've since managed to blank any remnants of them from my mind. :lol:

The 4-1 at their place is also not the game where Shearer was bandaged up. That was 2-0 at home. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

What's the context here then?  

Presumably that’s the ‘Black Cat Bar’ hospitality area that we’ve been given as part of the away end (at £500+VAT)

Assume it’s similar to Wings or whatever at SJP, so it seems they are covering the Sunderland decor with Newcastle decor for the day.

In fairness, if the roles were reversed I’m sure we’d be up in arms too, but as it’s them and not us, funny innit.

19 minutes ago, SteV said:

Presumably that’s the ‘Black Cat Bar’ hospitality area that we’ve been given as part of the away end (at £500+VAT)

Assume it’s similar to Wings or whatever at SJP, so it seems they are covering the Sunderland decor with Newcastle decor for the day.

In fairness, if the roles were reversed I’m sure we’d be up in arms too, but as it’s them and not us, funny innit.

We are also taking Newcastle catering / bar staff to serve 

No Sunderland employees in our Newcastle end 

Newcastle Signs up : replacing Sunderland signs 

We are Taking lots of our own stewards too 

Just now, JonBez comesock said:

We are also taking Newcastle catering / bar staff to serve 

No Sunderland employees in our Newcastle end 

Newcastle Signs up : replacing Sunderland signs 

We are Taking lots of our own stewards too 

I can’t wait to go , despite the mess on getting the bus 

Hopefully we turn up on the day , on and off the field 

I for one will be in fine voice.

2 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

Has the ref been announced yet? I fear that without VAR this could be as big of a factor as the team we are able to put out

Craig Pawson

1 minute ago, SteV said:

Craig Pawson

No massive opinion on him but always has the look of a rabbit in the headlights to me. Ref'd the Merseyside derby in October.

Really hope he ignores the derby aspect of the game and gives card accordingly, cant let them drag us down to their level with bad tackles etc 

1 minute ago, geordie_b said:

No massive opinion on him but always has the look of a rabbit in the headlights to me. Ref'd the Merseyside derby in October.

Really hope he ignores the derby aspect of the game and gives card accordingly, cant let them drag us down to their level with bad tackles etc 

I tend not to buy into all of this a particular ref is good or bad for us in advance of any game.

Having said that, I’m glad we’ve got a fairly established PL ref, as opposed to some random from the Championship who’s never had a game of this magnitude.

33 minutes ago, SteV said:

Heard it is worth 100 at a push. Maybe add 400 taking the piss out of the mackems tax it might be worth it. I dont think it is what could be described as corporate, more like a concourse with more space (brother in law is a mackem who sits there is my source)

1 minute ago, Bintang said:

Heard it is worth 100 at a push. Maybe add 400 taking the piss out of the mackems tax it might be worth it. I dont think it is what could be described as corporate, more like a concourse with more space (brother in law is a mackem who sits there is my source)

Yes, I think everyone knows it’s massively overpriced. But as always, if it’s some folks only way of getting a ticket, they will pay it.

1 hour ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

They wore their green kit at SJP in the last derby like.

Saudi colours you say? Must have been before hewmen rights existed

39 minutes ago, SteV said:

I assume it’s possibly an action to stop any knackers defacing things in what is technically a home end? 

3 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

I assume it’s possibly an action to stop any knackers defacing things in what is technically a home end? 

Almost definitely that but, way beyond the imagination of any Sun'lun fan to realise that...  

8 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Yes, but given the fans in there will be (or should be) corporate clients only, and are shelling out over £500 for the privilege, there’s probably going to be a limited number of knackers.

*I am aware having a few quid doesn’t preclude you from being a knacker, but Billy from Byker that has 12 pints and 3 lines before every game, is unlikely to be in there.

Edited by SteV

1 hour ago, Superior Acuña said:

The 4-1 at their place is also not the game where Shearer was bandaged up. That was 2-0 at home. :lol:

I refer the right honourable gentleman to my previous answer! :lol: