Everton 3-0 Newcastle United (07/12/23)

Mike

2 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Just feels a bit like we blame almost every loss on fatigue right now. Fatigue is surely a bit of a factor, but other teams has to play a lot of games aswell.. It's not like we ever say "good game by us, but they were so tired" when we win against a team who is playing a lot of games.

Not that Everton plays a lot of games, but generally.

But they don’t have to play all the games with the same 11 players, one of whom is 17

Just now, Yorkie said:

:lol: So emotionally negative. Aye it's not a good return. We also played some of those games with a bench made up of Prostar figures and crash dummies.

And on the flipside, we're 7 points up on our home form vs last season.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Wolves Livramento sat on the bench for 90 minutes while Burn and Trippier rivalled each other in disasterclasses. 

So, option not options. 

And disasterclasses, hyperbole?

3 minutes ago, BullyDogs said:

More is being made of it?.... You do realise bar the bottom 3 our away from is one of the worst in the league

Objectively aye. Subjectively, it's not a great surprise.

Ok. And we’ll have less games next season if we keep it up. 

I don't get your point?

We should be doing better in these circumstances?  Why exactly?

The same players have played 4 times in 12 days. At top level it's never going to be sustainable.

Despite that we have got good results.  Today was shit granted but can see why it's happened.

1 minute ago, Theregulars said:

But they don’t have to play all the games with the same 11 players, one of whom is 17

That doesn't mean that there is never any other reason for our losses than fatigue.

We can make all the excuses in the world. If we want to get back into the CL or even Europe, we need to be better away from home. 

There's nothing false about that statement. From my point of view this debate is about not piling on the squad and manager when they're shagged and out of options. 

I've never thought qualifying for the CL again was a realistic expectation, fwiw, and that's before I knew how much Villa and Liverpool would improve.

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Brighton were absolutely brilliant when they beat us, I honestly don't get how people don't see that. They had to play extremely fast, precise, high risk football to beat our press and they dud it.

Our press was really poor. We also did huge personal errors. We were very flat all game.

Just now, Yorkie said:

:lol: So emotionally negative. Aye it's not a good return. We also played some of those games with a bench made up of Prostar figures and crash dummies.

Nothing emotional about it.  There’s no opinion there. Just facts.  

I could blame a weak bench if we succumbed to late goals in all of them or had no bench options. But we’ve not played well away from home in any of the televised games. Wolves, Bournemouth, Brighton, City, Everton we were shit. Im not accepting fatigue/weak bench as an excuse for poor performances time and again. 

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

We can make all the excuses in the world. If we want to get back into the CL or even Europe, we need to be better away from home. 

1 win in 9 away from home in the league against a team clearly not PL level suggests this is correct. But it’s obvious what we need and I hope we can go out and get it.

4 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

From the start IMO. I know he’s not one for needlessly rotating the squad, but I think steadfastly sticking with same players game in, game out when we have such a relentless calendar could come back to bite us, and potentially did tonight. As everyone on here is at pains to point out, the players are knackered. It’s a risk to keep playing them, just as it’s a perceived risk to rotate them, but realistically which is the better option? 

Defenders you can usually get away with, most teams don't, if we'd rotated the defence tonight and that was the result twitter would want Eddie sacked.

Just out of curiosity what rotation did you envisage beforehand and did you post it anywhere ?

4 minutes ago, Erikse said:

That doesn't mean that there is never any other reason for our losses than fatigue.

I don't think anyone who is saying Bournemouth and Everton were fatugue related would apply that same reasoning to Liverpool, Man City or Brighton...

You're generalising.

Edited by Heron

Not sure what happened to Trippier ? Overconfidence ? I know he will have better luck for majority of the next games.

I am seriously concerned about Dubravka and I hope we can sign someone better. Well, anyways we will be ok. I really think Eddy will have some ideas how to avoid stinkers like this shi.... match.

Just now, Yorkie said:

There's nothing false about that statement. From my point of view this debate is about not piling on the squad and manager when they're shagged and out of options. 

I've never thought qualifying for the CL again was a realistic expectation, fwiw, and that's before I knew how much Villa and Liverpool would improve.

If I’m saying ‘that’s not good enough’ is that piling on?

7 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

2 points from City, Brighton, West Ham, Wolves, Bournemouth, Everton is awful.  

Last year we got 8 points from those. 

We also had a squad of players last year.  Get a grip or go support Chelsea or manu. I think they'd suit you better 

1 minute ago, Ronaldo said:

1 win in 9 away from home in the league against a team clearly not PL level suggests this is correct. But it’s obvious what we need and I hope we can go out and get it.

McTominay?:mancini:

It's definitely shades of 03/04 with the immense home form but questionable away form mind (plus while it wasn't to this level we were crippled by injuries in the run-in). I do also think fatigue is definitely playing a part. I don't care what anyone says, when you're at home and you've got the fans geeing you on, it's bound to get something more out of you. 150 years of home form historically being better than away from for about 99.9% of teams is evidence as well.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

That's true. Do you think we'd get better away from home with just a regular style injury list, you know like 3 or 4 from the squad ?

2 minutes ago, Adrian1881 said:

Not sure what happened to Trippier ? Overconfidence ? I know he will have better luck for majority of the next games.

I am seriously concerned about Dubravka and I hope we can sign someone better. Well, anyways we will be ok. I really think Eddy will have some ideas how to avoid stinkers like this shi.... match.

It's one of those "it happens" games, throw a bit fatigue in as well. 

If I’m saying ‘that’s not good enough’ is that piling on?

Not good enough for what? Your exacting standards? You've also called them awful, shit, and that you're "not having" the tiredness excuse. :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, dcmk said:

I don't get your point?

We should be doing better in these circumstances?  Why exactly?

The same players have played 4 times in 12 days. At top level it's never going to be sustainable.

Despite that we have got good results.  Today was shit granted but can see why it's happened.

We are better than Bournemouth, Wolves, Everton, West Han and probably Brighton too. We should have played better than we have on the whole and picked up more than 2 points against these.