Everton 3-0 Newcastle United (07/12/23)

Mike

1 minute ago, mikejaxer said:
  1. Chases an academy player down the street and out of the club.

2. Academy player wants to leave because of it

3. Academy players leaves and is branded a traitor

4. Academy player gets booed on return and is a rat

God they're an absolute insufferable bunch of cunts.

Aye, he's playing in the Champions League and they're scratting about the relegation places. No wonder they're salty

6 minutes ago, High Five o said:

Could see from the first minute that we were not “on”.

We can blame fatigue or whatever, but we need to step up away from home. It is not like this is something new, been piss poor away from home all season.

I agree with this. The first time we passed the ball around it just looked so laboured and it rarely got better than that 

11 minutes ago, soyt said:

I did think they were the better side, is that wrong? Im not saying we were shocking (well we were after their first), but i thought we made some stupid stuff when playing out, Schär gave it away quite few times for example.

I don't agree they were better, but each to their own.  They offered nothing despite us being off.  Took a howler to let them in. 

Yeah we done lots of stupid stuff, bruno misplaced a couple, didn't make runs we usually do, wrong decisions we usually don't do, honestly... I think we just ran on empty from the start and it was visible. 

Agree we gave up after the first. 

Edited by Wilson

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Well of course Howe is going to say that, but surely you can see these players are knackered?

I saw they were knackered against PSV but Howe didn't make changes then either. When players are clearly gassed then you have to replace them, even with inexperienced players who aren't.

Just now, Big Geordie said:

We got the shot at playing in the CL - in the most difficult group - well, now comes the pay off. It's been an immense effort so far this season, bar the dodgy away form. Injuries and lack of options is costing us right now - it's inevitable.

Common sense isn't welcome here! 😆

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It's a forum, folk disagree all the time, I just thought immediately playing the "I told you how concerned we should all be" card was a bit strange. Yes, if we don't start picking up points on the road for a sustained period it will become an issue.

It's just there's very little to be negative concerning the club right now. People spent way too much time worrying during one of our greatest seasons in decades and it completely sucked the enjoyment out if it. Even during an unprecedented injury crisis, we're six points of 4th, in with a chance of CL knockouts and in the quarter final of a cup. Of course that doesn't make the club or team immune from critique or constructive criticism, but it seems pretty obvious why we've been dropping more points on the road of late.

If that makes me head in the sand, then fair enough. It's far more enjoyable then constant fretting and  incontinence whether times are good, bad or indifferent.

Fwiw you quoted my post and I didn’t say “I told you how concerned we should all be” I simply said should be be concerned about our away form having won 1 away all season.

For reference you have called out Villa’s poor away form the numerous times this season, theirs is better than ours so what’s the difference?

Edited by SUPERTOON

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Fwiw you quoted my post and I didn’t say “I told you how concerned we should all be” I simply said should be be concerned about our away form having won 1 away all season.

For reference you have called out Villa’s poor away form the numerous times this season, theirs is better than ours so what’s the difference?

The difference could be the 13 players out ?

Dear Everton You obviously ignore the distress and anger your initial post caused me. Distress to you? Mummy, mummy, I've been nasty to someone, and now they've been nasty to me in return. Mummy, mummy! You don't fool me for one second. Did you really think you could rip it out of me in the way you did, and get a free pass? Really? Maybe you did. If you did, you picked on the wrong person...

Further, I have to say this comment of yours beggars belief: "...I thought his only definition of an apology would be something a woman does if you hit her enough times ..." But I suppose your kind finds that funny. I do not in the least.

1 minute ago, CraftyII said:

Dear Everton You obviously ignore the distress and anger your initial post caused me. Distress to you? Mummy, mummy, I've been nasty to someone, and now they've been nasty to me in return. Mummy, mummy! You don't fool me for one second. Did you really think you could rip it out of me in the way you did, and get a free pass? Really? Maybe you did. If you did, you picked on the wrong person...

Further, I have to say this comment of yours beggars belief: "...I thought his only definition of an apology would be something a woman does if you hit her enough times ..." But I suppose your kind finds that funny. I do not in the least.

Anyone?