Luton Town vs. Newcastle United: 23/12/23 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

8 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

True, Luton have only 5 points from 24 at home.  Which is shite and relegation form.

Newcastle’s away points this season?  5 from 24.  Which is shite and relegation form.

We’re in for a classic!

We might point to away cup draws with Milan, PSG and Chelsea, plus a win at Man Utd.

But regardless, you’re right. Yet we’re described as ‘terrible’ away, and Luton ‘tough’ at home…

3 minutes ago, SteV said:

We might point to away cup draws with Milan, PSG and Chelsea, plus a win at Man Utd.

But regardless, you’re right. Yet we’re described as ‘terrible’ away, and Luton ‘tough’ at home…

Agreed - though in context, Luton and Newcastle’s relative status and squad quality will be driving some of that narrative.  

11 hours ago, Shak said:

Has Eddie ever really tinkered with the formation since being here?

Might be something to be said for a 3-5-2 if Gordon and Isak are still unavailable?

Dubravka

Lascelles  Botman  Burn

Trippier                                          Tino

Bruno

Longstaff             Miley

Almiron         Wilson

I suppose you could achieve a lot of the same things by just playing Tino at LW and keeping the 4-3-3 but just a thought.

I want to say he did back 3 in pre season and it didn’t look all that great the few times I saw it over here in the states. 

Need to go at these hard from the start and get a couple ahead before we tire out later in the game. The intensity won’t be as high as other recent opponents but if we’re not winning or only winning by one late in the game I’ll not be overly confident.

2 minutes ago, WideopenMag said:

So not since 1994 when most of our players weren't even born...aye daft pointless stat ?

Did they not have a plastic pitch back in the day along with QPR?  Its that long ago I cant remember now!