Luton Town vs. Newcastle United: 23/12/23 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

2 hours ago, gbandit said:

Eurgh, normally feel really positive about upcoming games but have a bad feeling here

Same, hoping its not one of those galvanised for our captain who just had a heart attack level of spirited performance from Luton

Edited by Amir_9

Gordon, Miggy, and Wilson all really need to rest. I'm sure Isak would benefit from another few days. Bruno also needs a rest, but we seemingly can't afford that at the moment. Lascelles also seems like he needs a rest. 

Don't know how to change it, but we also can't go on like this.

3 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

Gordon, Miggy, and Wilson all really need to rest. I'm sure Isak would benefit from another few days. Bruno also needs a rest, but we seemingly can't afford that at the moment. Lascelles also seems like he needs a rest. 

Don't know how to change it, but we also can't go on like this.

Out of 2 comps will help [emoji38]

Edited by PauloGeordio

Do we change it up a bit just to give one of the wingers a rest here? 5-3-2 or something with Gordon or Almiron just off Wilson so the other gets a rest, Bruno, Miley and Longstaff in the middle, with Burn, Lascelles and Botman CBs (Trippier and Tino wing-backs).

I don't know how we can keep going on as we are unless players come back, quickly. 

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Been alright at home this lot. Should still be looking to put them away of course.

In terms of performances and staying in the game maybe. Still only got 5 points out of 24.

2 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

*sigh* back to the grind of league football

Could do with an away win to cheer me up before Xmas.  I think we’ll get it, as well.  1-3 for me

Dont wanna be the bearer of bad news but we rarely win when I'm on holiday. Off the top of my head only Brentford away last year 🤮

Have to honest, I think we will struggle big time this game. They will go out with full energy fighting for their captain. We dont really have the quality to take advantage of their over eagerness, neither do we have the energy to put up a fight in intensity.

Almiron and Gordon both look pretty useless atm, other than those two we really dont have much attacking threat. Wilson cant do much on his own.

I don’t understand the narrative that what happened to Lockyer will have some galvanising effect on them?

Imagine that had happened to one of our most influential players. We’d be devastated. The feeling around the club would be terrible. We’d be incredibly worried about the negative effect it would have on the squad.

It’s a hammer blow for them.

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Also, hopefully if Trippier plays, he channels what another great NUFC right back did at Luton instead of fluffing a clearance …IMG_7449.thumb.jpeg.ad1358d473735664bc3307f47616c5d1.jpeg

Was just about to post about this, it's worth watching for anyone who hasn't seen it - 0:24 on this vid:

Pretty sure Alan Neilson cleared one for us that same season, was almost as impressive even though it was on the ground. Can't find a vid though, anyone remember the game? 

Think Luton win/draw double chance is the bet. 

We are crap away from home. Look to have picked up another injury or two to go with the two from the weekend. Plus so many look to be running in treacle after less than half the game gone. 

I know they’re right in the relegation battle. But they have only been losing by the odd goal and look tough to play against at home. 

Plus we will probably have Ritchie at left wing and Wilson has played 3 full games in under a week. Annoyingly think a game like this is ideal for him. But we need to be mindful of him breaking down yet again.