Liverpool vs. Newcastle United: 1/1/24 @ 20:00 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Just now, TheHoob said:

Don't really see the problem with Wilson going to Dubai myself :dontknow: it's not like he'll have just hoyed in a last minute holiday request because he can't be arsed [emoji38]

Just doesn't feel right when most of the team have been playing twice a week and probably more in need of a break than him. Anyway you would like to think even if he's not fit he'd be around the squad with two big games coming up.

Just now, Displayname said:

I mean did you see him last game?

Yeah, but it’s every week when for the most part he’s done a solid job for us. He’s also clearly been rushed back from injury as well.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Yeah, but it’s every week when for the most part he’s done a solid job for us. He’s also clearly been rushed back from injury as well.

First time ive "complained" about him starting for quite a while atleast.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Just doesn't feel right when most of the team have been playing twice a week and probably more in need of a break than him. Anyway you would like to think even if he's not fit he'd be around the squad with two big games coming up.

Maybe I'm too forgiving [emoji38] 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

No Miggy so BDB the whipping boy tonight [emoji38]

4 minutes ago, TheHoob said:

Don't really see the problem with Wilson going to Dubai myself :dontknow: it's not like he'll have just hoyed in a last minute holiday request because he can't be arsed [emoji38]

The problem is that he's rarely fit and totally unreliable. He's off to Dubai now so I'd assume that means he's not available v the Mackems as he isn't going to train this week.

Just now, Andy84 said:

Getting toxic this place we’ve obviously lost a few games 

Don't you know we're going to be relegated! You should take this more seriously! 😄

(19th in away form table!)

Wilson's availablity is a massive problem and I do hope we rectify that come the summer.

On the case of this one game & without knowing the story, if him sitting this out for some R&R means he'll be available for Saturday then I think it's the right decision.

If Wilson and Trippier are carrying knocks I have no problem with either going for some warm weather rest. Trippier is in desperate need of a rest and a proper break will do him good. Wilson played 90 minutes 3 times in a week and his legs nearly fell off, it will do him no harm.