Newcastle United 2-3 Manchester City (13/01/23)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Pablo123 said:

You've got completely unrealistic expectations, man. We've, through injuries, had to pretty much play the same starting 11 for a couple of months, unless you'd pick Ritchie and the likes.

We've been starting a 17 year old lad, who has done well, but he's never gonna do the job of Joelinton.

What would you do differently, out of curiosity?

No that's very fair & oddly enough im not looking for an argument, im simply making the observation we are no. where near a Man City, liverpool, Man Utd, arsenal etc side, we are as facts prove a very average team, we have zero depth, zero scope (1st 11 aside) from being a trophy / league winning team, that's fine we are what we are but 96% of people on here & other forums wont accept that, we are a poor team save for a fully fit 1st 11, we cannot & will not compete against the top teams & were also many many years away from challenging them, but most wont accept that, Meh 

2 minutes ago, McDog said:

Scale it back slightly and maybe that works. I found it odd that he signed with you guys in the first place.

Mistakes happen, look at Jason Sancho £74m didn’t work out at Utd, I’m sure it’s happened at Newcastle as well, if you guys don’t get him KP will be sold in the summer I think

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

I thought he looked a bit lost in a couple of recent games letting players run past him which was a concern, but I like how he upped his game today in a game that hard for a midfielder.

Yeah, his positional sense sometimes isn't the best, but I can overlook that because of his age, but overall, I think we've got a pretty decent player on our hands.

4 minutes ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

No that's very fair & oddly enough im not looking for an argument, im simply making the observation we are no. where near a Man City, liverpool, Man Utd, arsenal etc side, we are as facts prove a very average team, we have zero depth, zero scope (1st 11 aside) from being a trophy / league winning team, that's fine we are what we are but 96% of people on here & other forums wont accept that, we are a poor team save for a fully fit 1st 11, we cannot & will not compete against the top teams & were also many many years away from challenging them, but most wont accept that, Meh 

Yo Mr straw man…. Where are the 96% of people on here claiming we can compete with the top 4 teams?

30 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

:lol: I thought this was just a forum joke. I didn’t think anyone thought it was a serious possibility.

Imagine thinking he'd play as a 6 ffs. Clearly a false 9

51 minutes ago, Andy said:

Obviously this kind of thing can happen against a team like City. I understand some of the frustration at the second half performance though, the issue is that it's a continuation of what we've done all season - get into a good position then just try to to dig in, and ultimately fail to hold on. Our ball retention is seriously poor, it's no wonder we're knackered when we're constantly chasing the ball and being moved across the pitch.

We need to pull something out of the hat this month in the transfer market, even if it's a couple of loans. We are absolutely desperate for a midfielder who can actually plug gaps on transition and has a bit composure on the ball. 

You are usually spot on every time :thup:

4 minutes ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

It's gonna take longer than people think to get to them levels, simply because we can't spend what we'd like. If anything, we're a victim to last seasons success. 

Hopefully we can keep building the infrastructure and then we can build on the foundations which are already being built, but if we don't win the league next season, they can all get fucked [emoji38]

7 minutes ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Again, absolutely zero context.

The clubs you talk about have had years head start on us, have spent much more on their squads, have much higher wage bills and 2 or 3 times the amount of revenue.

We massively over achieved last season and are paying the price a bit this time around.

It's going to take a few more seasons to be in that bracket, I suggest you grow a pair or take up another team/sport.

12 minutes ago, Mountain said:

I'm not even mad.

Me neither, that effort, given the circumstances was great from the lads. We’ll get there, it’s just not as quick as some would like. 👍🏻