Fulham 0-2 Newcastle United (FA Cup) - 27/01/24

BlueStar

2 minutes ago, McDog said:

On the US broadcast they immediately said "That's a goal". 

American sports coverage is so much better it’s ridiculous. Analysts actually say stuff that makes sense, it’s very weird. 

8 minutes ago, mofo said:

Am I the only one who didn't think we were that bad?? Not the best performance but we limited a decent Fulham team to 2 shots on target.  

For me its more that Fulham's performance was hugely overrated. Crosses into the box were treat like flowing moves and guilt edged chances and crosses into the box was all they pretty much did. But think we were poor.

We looked very rusty and poor with the ball today but took our chances and got the job done which is all that matters, hopefully we'll see a rise in levels against Villa.

Best thing about today was the fans, went through all the classics in the second half and you could hear them loud and clear all game.

1 minute ago, Joelinton7 said:

[emoji38] Top one is Sky. Bottom one is BBC 

IMG_6045.jpeg

Weirdly, both are perfectly apt descriptions of what I watched.  It was a stroll, and it was laboured.  We were poor yet never in real danger of going out. 

6 minutes ago, McDog said:

On the US broadcast they immediately said "That's a goal". 

It may well have been the same commentary in Australia - Jonathan Pearce and Clive Allen basically took a few seconds and said ‘yep, that’s fine’.  And never went back to it - it was an uncontroversial call

20 minutes ago, mofo said:

Am I the only one who didn't think we were that bad?? Not the best performance but we limited a decent Fulham team to 2 shots on target.  

Let me guess - you missed the first half?

1st half was the dogshit play we've seen for a few month, 2nd half was more of our old self, without being on it. Play like the 2nd half as a min for the rest of the season and we'll end strong.

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

I just hate that midfield 3. It’s bloody awful to be honest with zero athleticism or creativity. Good result nonetheless.

Was thinking the same thing watching it. All three are turgid slow across the pitch, no wonder Fulham were on the press from the get go. If we are going to have a languid midfielder, that has to be Bruno as the fulcrum and he needs the other two to have pace and power to give him something to aim at.

6 minutes ago, TRon said:

Let me guess - you missed the first half?

😂 Unfortunately not.. we still went in 0-1 up without a shot on target for the opposition (that I can remember...)

Just now, TRon said:

Was thinking the same thing watching it. All three are turgid slow across the pitch, no wonder Fulham were on the press from the get go. If we are going to have a languid midfielder, that has to be Bruno as the fulcrum and he needs the other two to have pace and power to give him something to aim at.

It’s as much of a  reason why our form has been so poor of late as fatigue etc.  We need players back or it needs to change

1 minute ago, mofo said:

😂 Unfortunately not.. we still went in 0-1 up without a shot on target for the opposition (that I can remember...)

We defended alright, but not sure that was down to our competence or their complete lack of anything resembling a striker.

Good result without really showing much. Isak holding and holding and holding his runs for balls that never came. [emoji38] Oh well. Burn was so good and physical at the back.

Need some more players back.

Just now, El Prontonise said:

Dubs had made a good safe like 20 mins before we scored.

That slow roller to the far post? I thought that was in.

35 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It may well have been the same commentary in Australia - Jonathan Pearce and Clive Allen basically took a few seconds and said ‘yep, that’s fine’.  And never went back to it - it was an uncontroversial call

They only showed the replay once here and no mention of a VAR check or anything. I was kind of wondering why everyone was still just standing around. 

Just now, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Shearer in the away end is fucking amazing. Melted my heart.

I’m so hoping I get to meet him in Nashville. I want to shake that dude’s hand.