Aston Villa vs. Newcastle United: 30/1/24 @ 20:15 (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

Isn't it usually some time around mid-late April?  30 something games?

At least 10 more games without a yellow :lol: 

I love your optimism.  But I just can't see it. 

I heard it was 6 but you might be right. 

Bruno trying to avoid a yellow at all costs will not be a great version of himself either. Will probably be a bit more careful, but can't have him be too careful either. He is going to have to take some risks and will get the yellow that way.

Edited by Erikse

1 minute ago, Erikse said:

Bruno trying to avoid a yellow at all costs will not be a great version of himself either. Will probably be a bit more careful, but can't have him be too careful either. He is going to have to take some risks and will get the yellow that way.

Yeah of course, not at all costs. But I wouldn't be surprised if he has been told to consider it given the horrific state of our midfield options. 

2 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

Take the yellow tonight. We can spank Luton at home without him and that’s half the ban served. 

Ritchie to step in for him and put in a Pirlo-esque performance.

4 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

Take the yellow tonight. We can spank Luton at home without him and that’s half the ban served. 

Just like we spanked them in the reverse fixture

55 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Has occurred to me that Trippier might be able to play midfield, kind of. 

There's Lewis Hall who fancies himself a midfielder, presuming there's not some appearance clause which we are scared of triggering.

Also that Joe White fella who we just recalled from loan (I think).

6 minutes ago, TRon said:

There's Lewis Hall who fancies himself a midfielder, presuming there's not some appearance clause which we are scared of triggering.

There's also Haalands younger brother, Alfie Harrison.

Just now, Erikse said:

There's also Haalands younger brother, Alfie Harrison.

:lol:

I was wondering about him as well, he is 18 so is older than Miley, but I just can't see Howe putting him on the bench yet.

9 minutes ago, TRon said:

A midfield 3 of Miley, Longstaff and White is some proper alternate reality style shit. That could've been our starting midfield 3 years down the line in the Championship without the takeover.

9 minutes ago, TRon said:

:lol:

I was wondering about him as well, he is 18 so is older than Miley, but I just can't see Howe putting him on the bench yet.

Aye, we should have a 4th choice keeper on ahead of him:ructions:

12 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I suggest you look at our record home and away in 2014 again

We won 7 away that season, or am I missing something?

1 hour ago, mouldy_uk said:

3-1 defeat, not got a great feeling about this one :sad:

I’m in pre-match (deluded) optimism mode! Did we beat them preseason? Can’t recall and .com are down, but we beat them this season, and their seeking revenge for that will be outweighed by our seeking revenge for what happened there last season. HTL ( no’wubble you’!)

Not sure how I feel about the game tonight and then went looking through our recent results and trying to get a sense of when I was super excited for a match and we were right up for it and got the job done.

Probably the mackems however they were quite poor, and then before that Manure at home which was early Dec.

It's been a tough couple of months so not sure what to expect tonight

11 minutes ago, Beth said:

We won 7 away that season, or am I missing something?

In 2014 (calendar year) we won away 4 times. In fact, until a flukey streak in November we only won twice away and only won 5 times in total. In a full year of football.

Edited by Kid Icarus

6 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I’m in pre-match (deluded) optimism mode! Did we beat them preseason? Can’t recall and .com are down, but we beat them this season, and their seeking revenge for that will be outweighed by our seeking revenge for what happened there last season. HTL ( no’wubble you’!)

Ended 3-3. Trailed 2-0 and 3-2. 

We played a different system with Trippier as a third CB. At the time I thought we might have done it to give Emery something to think about before the first game of the season and, considering we haven't tried this formation again, I still think that may have been the case.

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

In 2014 (calendar year) we won away 4 times. In fact, until a flukey streak in November we only won twice away and only won 5 times in total. In a full year of football.

No one measures form over a calender year though do they, unless it suits an agenda.

1 hour ago, Mazzy said:

A midfield 3 of Miley, Longstaff and White is some proper alternate reality style shit. That could've been our starting midfield 3 years down the line in the Championship without the takeover.

Better get used to it, probably what we'll be using for the second half of the season.

2 minutes ago, Beth said:

No one measures form over a calender year though do they, unless it suits an agenda.

You said under Pardew, 2014 was all Pardew, so you would if the question is whether it was ever this bad under Pardew. :lol: I mean tbf, I really hope you're just being tongue in cheek about it anyway.