Aston Villa vs. Newcastle United: 30/1/24 @ 20:15 (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

2 hours ago, astraguy said:

[emoji38] Did you watch the Fulham game? Our midfield got  roasted , Big joe out is a massive game changer they'll batter us

Doubt Bruno will be that bad too games in a row.

3 hours ago, astraguy said:

[emoji38] Did you watch the Fulham game? Our midfield got  roasted , Big joe out is a massive game changer they'll batter us

Bruno isn't the problem,missing big joe n tonali is for our midfield 

4 minutes ago, astraguy said:

Bruno isn't the problem,missing big joe n tonali is for our midfield 

Think Little Joe, is the biggest miss. Closely followed by big Joe. Bruno didn’t play well last night, but can’t expect him to be exceptional every game. Which is basically what he needs to do to compensate for what the other two don’t offer. 

Just now, Coffee_Johnny said:

Think Little Joe, is the biggest miss. Closely followed by big Joe. Bruno didn’t play well last night, but can’t expect him to be exceptional every game. Which is basically what he needs to do to compensate for what the other two don’t offer. 

We had no Willock first game and we were great and still had depth from the bench. Sad seeing that matchday squad and subs we made knowing what has happened for about 3 months.

I know it won't happen, and I love that Eddie is resolved in his tactics but just to change formation once and get an opposition thinking would be kinda nice.

I had something like this in mind:

Dubravka 

Schar   Botman    Burn 

Trippier                             Livramento 

Bruno

Longstaff

Murphy                             Gordon

Isak

Or even Miley in for Murphy and play Gordon and Isak upfront. It doesn't pay to be predictable.

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

We had no Willock first game and we were great and still had depth from the bench. Sad seeing that matchday squad and subs we made knowing what has happened for about 3 months.

True we were. Though Tonali and Bruno did not really click (understandably). And former seemed a bit lost at times. Point/opinion still stands though. I think Willock, particularly his ability to carry us forward,  has been the biggest miss. 

1 minute ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

True we were. Though Tonali and Bruno did not really click (understandably). And former seemed a bit lost at times. Point/opinion still stands though. I think Willock, particularly his ability to carry us forward,  has been the biggest miss. 

I think even just one of him, Anderson and Tonali being available would have made a huge difference to our season. Obviously some more than others but just an extra body to help Bruno, Joelinton, Longstaff and Miley the last 3 months would have been massive.

One of the grounds we always seem to struggle at, regardless of form/personnel. Last six  L 0-3, L 0-2, L 0-2, L 0-2, D 1-1, D 0-0. Two 1-0 wins for us prior to that, 2014 and 2015. 
Add to this, that they are sitting in 4th 14 points above us with good home form,  having thrashed Brighton and beaten both Man City and Arsenal. They will also be stinging from being battered 5-1  on opening day (though, just checked, and they had 16 shots to our 17, and possession was pretty even). 
Makes bleak reading. Can’t shift the  feeling that there’s something in this for us though 🤷‍♂️

If we can mitigate the midfield problem we have a chance, but I'm not sure how we do that.

A win would be a massive bonus. Actually any kind of result TBH. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

On 28/01/2024 at 09:37, STM said:

I know it won't happen, and I love that Eddie is resolved in his tactics but just to change formation once and get an opposition thinking would be kinda nice.

I had something like this in mind:

Dubravka 

Schar   Botman    Burn 

Trippier                             Livramento 

Bruno

Longstaff

Murphy                             Gordon

Isak

Or even Miley in for Murphy and play Gordon and Isak upfront. It doesn't pay to be predictable.

This isn't even that big a tactical switch as we often see Burn tuck in and Trips maraud forward. It just helps out Bruno and Isak a lot.

Thumbs up from me