Newcastle United 4-4 Luton Town (03/02/24) | Reaction: pg40

Yorkie

Just now, Heron said:

Our fans are embarrassing.  Booing Dan Burn off man. Get in a ditch and die you moronic cunts.

did he actually get booed off?

didnt really hear that tbf but we dont get to hear whats going on in other parts of the ground.

Dan Burn. Geordie. Try hard. Good defender. Old and slow. Gives it his all. If he is played when he shouldn't it's not his fault. He is me. So fuck.you if you have owt else ll to say you're a cunt.

#PIssedRant

2 minutes ago, huss9 said:

did he actually get booed off?

didnt really hear that tbf but we dont get to hear whats going on in other parts of the ground.

He was booed off around sections of the corner, and was met with several of us telling people to fuck off home. Rightly so.

Wasn't much booing of burn around me, more desperate chants for Tino.

Just felt Shan when burn had clearly just dropped a rick, had his head in his hands, longstaff giving him and earful and your own supports desperate for you to be replaced [emoji38]

Football is often cruel, just felt a tad crueler in that moment.

15 minutes ago, Heron said:

He was booed off around sections of the corner, and was met with several of us telling people to fuck off home. Rightly so.

Good for you :thup: Some people are shameless 

26 minutes ago, Heron said:

Our fans are embarrassing.  Booing Dan Burn off man. Get in a ditch and die you moronic cunts.

There’s a depressingly long history of this at the club - local lads getting pelters after a game.  No-one could suggest BDB doesn’t leave everything on the pitch.  Disgraceful behaviour if the lad got grief

22 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Wasn't much booing of burn around me, more desperate chants for Tino.

Just felt Shan when burn had clearly just dropped a rick, had his head in his hands, longstaff giving him and earful and your own supports desperate for you to be replaced [emoji38]

Football is often cruel, just felt a tad crueler in that moment.

Longstaffs got a cheek.

I mean it when I say it... if you're from Benwell, Bangkok or Boston, get to fuck if you boo Dan Burn. Get to fuck. He is me and he is so many of us. You cunts who boo him must have alienated him so much today and you're fucking wankers.

Dan Burns back and white army.

Edited by Heron

1 minute ago, Heron said:

I mean it when I say it... if you're from Benwell, Bangkok or Boston, get to ruck if you boo Dan Burn. Get to fuck. He is me and he is so many of us. You cunts who booe him.must.have alienated him so much today and you're fucking wankers.

Dan Burns back and white army.

So is it Eddies fault for putting him in that position?

44 minutes ago, Heron said:

Dan Burn. Geordie. Try hard. Good defender. Old and slow. Gives it his all. If he is played when he shouldn't it's not his fault. He is me. So fuck.you if you have owt else ll to say you're a cunt.

#PIssedRant

It was booouuuurns 

Just now, Myleftboot said:

So is it Eddies fault for putting him in that position?

Absolutely. I love Eddie Howe. I had the bloke next to me today say he was out of his depth and I told him he was talking shit.

Honestly man. This is what we're dealing with.

I trust Eddie. I trust Dan. We got it wrong but we'll give it a gan. That's enough for me. Believe, try, represent me.

Aye, people trying to make the case that Eddie’s made a horrific blunder playing Burn is so frustrating. Burn does offer us something and has been a good option at LB in many games, especially last season. He was never fast but he looks even slower these days. I think against pacy wingers he shouldn’t start and Tino should. Burn should be backup CB and back up LB apart from for certain games at LB

Edited by gbandit

I remember Arsenal (h) and protesting vs Ashley and having people of the 'same opinion' as me tell me I was a cunt for doing what I was doing. I was less of a man. I felt so alienated. I still do. Take what you want  from this...my feelings...were that I was no longer part of Newcastle United but just Newcastle. Approximately 90 loyalty points down the pan and standing up (not just walking away) for what I believed in. I went to every home game and went to the pub. The opposite direction to everyone I loved. And i fucking hated it.

So how do you think Dan Burn feels? Booed for being slow. Anyone booing him today is an absolute fucking cunt.

Edited by Heron

54 minutes ago, Heron said:

Absolutely.

4 minutes ago, South-Cheshire-Toon said:

They, as us, aren't robots, so now and again they do have an off day.

But then surely the manager/coach should see that and adjust accordingly,

1 hour ago, Heron said:

Did he really get booed off? That’s pretty bad.

1 hour ago, Heron said:

Disgraceful that. Basically never a time where that’s acceptable. Except maybe an Owen type situation or someone taking the piss out of the club and the fans. 

Burn is the polar opposite to a player like Owen, though. Not really his fault he’s out of form and being played regularly in a role that he’s been struggling massively with. 

Edited by Lush Vlad

No booing around me in the middle of the Gallowgate, there was too much general noise and people had just been chanting for Tino.

Anyways, Dan Burn has a place in our team it's just not against players like Luton's right winger today.