Newcastle United 2-2 Bournemouth (17/02/24) | Reaction: pg 34

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

This is the key for me. Shouldn't matter who is in goal, any reasonable side should not be conceding 9 goals to those three sides at home. Something fundamentally wrong with us.

That's oxymoronic.

Its matters greatly who is in goal because other teams get shots off whoever you are.

Edited by Jonas

Just now, andyc35i said:

I’d blame the goalkeeper more than Burn for that one. It’s a hard task defending a one on one when someone’s running at you like that with no support whatsoever 

Running away in to nothing space doesnt make it easier, literally just opened up the room. Not trying to steer him wide or anything, just because he know he will get rinsed so he just fucks off in to nothing space

Just now, Shearergol said:

I think he’s been decent all game

Thought he was quiet and a bit to pouty in the first half, likely harsh. Several times he likely should have got a foul but was still on the floor whining long after bournemouth had counter attacked probably in my eyes just overshadowed the good stuff he was doing.. Been back to his best the past 20 mins.

Guest reefatoon
Just now, El Prontonise said:

I hate the balance of this midfield, it's still very easy to bypass them.

It’s been our downfall most of this season, just too weak either side of Bruno.

4 minutes ago, TRon said:

Nothing surprising about this tbh, too many 2nd tier players trying to replace top tier ones.

I reckon we’re two outfield players and a goalkeeper short of what could be a starting XI.  Longstaff and Bruno were first team regulars last season, and we’re playing without a centre forward 

edit: Miley wouldn’t be in a fit midfield

Edited by TheBrownBottle

1 minute ago, worthy said:

Running away in to nothing space doesnt make it easier, literally just opened up the room. Not trying to steer him wide or anything, just because he know he will get rinsed so he just fucks off in to nothing space

He takes some blame for not showing him out wider, but I’m asking my goalkeeper to save that. Burn is just bad at defending the one on one and is the reason why he can’t start in my eyes