Blackburn Rovers 1-1 Newcastle United - NUFC win 4-3 on pens (27/02/24) | Reaction: pg 70

Disco

We look low on confidence, but well in this. Just need it to click. If we come out with the improvement we showed in the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half against Arsenal we blow these away 

Just now, STM said:

Have you ever got an opinion wrong? Or do you just turn up and act like a smart arse?

Huh? 

I get a lot wrong? Was just pointing where to view/laugh at the comments 

3 minutes ago, MagMal said:

We are a side that is low on confidence but for the most part in control of the game but have lost a bit of our sparkle, confident we will win this by a couple of goals in the end, just a typical cup game away from home against a lower league side.

Stop wetting the bed people.

If we can describe us being absolutely woeful as lost a bit of our sparkle then I agree.

1 minute ago, Big Jow said:

Look like a team terrified of conceding a goal. Too safe, slow and unambitious.

There are clearly a lot of issues with the team at the moment, no matter how much some are trying to cover their eyes to it.

Whilst a win will be good, which I do think we’ll grind out, the performance matters a lot. You won’t build confidence with a scrappy win against a struggling Championship team in a disjointed performance.

We need a good, fast, free flowing win. Which is easier said than done with the position we’re in at the moment.

You can like.

This period feels like the players feel sorry for ourselves. Or the players who were always poor made their dreams come true playing in champions league and now given up. I know winning breeds confidence and makes wining more of a habbit but lads seem shell shocked at the very least. 

Guest reefatoon
3 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Longstaff under Rafa was a different beast. He looked an England player in the making. Bruce ended that.

We were a mid to lower league team then with no ambition though, so looked better then. Should be nowhere near a team in the top half.

Edited by reefatoon

1 minute ago, TRon said:

It's not that surprising some players doesn't matter who you are up against, manage to drop to their level. Longstaff is another one. No level is low enough to get them to shine.

Don't think he's dropping his level, this is his level at best.