Chelsea vs. Newcastle United: 11/3/24 @ 20:00 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

I still don't really feel any jeopardy in these games. I mean there is clearly a fair difference between 7th and 11th, and 7th is obviously not beneath us at all as it would effectively be 'best of the rest' in most seasons, and a good chance of getting into some sort of Europe, but there's just no real angst for me, and if we did lose, which I kind of am expecting, it would be more 'ah well, next season'.

Is anyone else like that?

2 minutes ago, Paullow said:

I still don't really feel any jeopardy in these games. I mean there is clearly a fair difference between 7th and 11th, and 7th is obviously not beneath us at all as it would effectively be 'best of the rest' in most seasons, and a good chance of getting into some sort of Europe, but there's just no real angst for me, and if we did lose, which I kind of am expecting, it would be more 'ah well, next season'.

11th would be a huge disappointment for me personally.

3 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Not yet but definitely get your point. Still think a win tonight with two home league games is exciting enough.

2 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Sort of. Just want to see the club compete as hard as they can. I do have alot of trust in Eddie so let's see what he can do to finish out the season. Any Europe would be great tbh.

10 minutes ago, nortoon said:

For some absurd reason I thought I'd turn the stream on 30 mins early.

It's an honour to watch Jamie Carragher talk about man city vs liverpool as pre-match buildup. I didnt mute it right away. :lol:

I've got Parker, Owen and now Joe Cole's wank opinion blasting through my pre-game feed. Parker has done his best to look like a Bond Villain. :lol: 

Edited by The Bonk

17 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Think it matter very much. Bottom 10 finish is quite a big failure of a season no matter the problems we have faced. 7th is well enough this season, and something to build on.

Edited by nufc123

Just now, McDog said:

Peacock studio guys picking Newcastle to win today.

I had a feeling our Monday night record was abysmal and it's fucking grim.......

Newcastle United Monday night away stats in the Premier League going back 12 years, showing:

• Played 19 Won 1 Drawn 3 Lost 15 Goals Scored 9 Goals Conceded 36
  • So just once in 19 have NUFC kept a clean sheet.
  • Only twice in the last 14 have Newcastle United managed to score a goal.

One could say we're due for a win. :lol: