Tosin Adarabioyo: set to sign at expiry of Fulham contract (Various)

Jack27

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It's not but with the owner's first transfer window dropping off it should give us a reasonable budget, boosted by additional sponsors and any player sales.

I wonder how big the CL boost will be. That kicks in aswell now.

Edited by Erikse

1 minute ago, Erikse said:

We have already put that against this season’s (23/24) accounts 

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Erikse said:

We know how much it is - just over £30m + ticket sales

Edit - and as nufcnick pointed out, it’s in this year’s accounts, not next year’s

Edited by TheBrownBottle

Mentally scared by the last couple of frees in fraiser and hendrick 

However we surely want dummet out the door and lascelles extra year given to him will be mainly wasted on the treatment table. We need bodies and the added bonus of prem experience surely makes this a no brainer. As long as it's not a silly long contract the lad is only 27 this year and doesn't take away much from the main kitty other than wages which will be offset by hopefully some players just going not given an extra year. 

While its always sexy to spunk a load of money on a galactico signing, I reckon some are forgetting that we need to improve the overall quality of the 25 man squad, not just the 1st 11. 

Have we all forgotten the state of our bench options this season?

8 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

While its always sexy to spunk a load of money on a galactico signing, I reckon some are forgetting that we need to improve the overall quality of the 25 man squad, not just the 1st 11. 

I blame FIFA Ultimate Team for this nonsensical way of thinking. 100% their fault.

9 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

“Bringing up the floor” is such a big part of our progression over the next 18 months imo. We need to address squad depth.

I agree that we need to have our weaker areas strengthened.

However, I think it's a better strategy to sign quality players and push current players down the pecking order, than to sign what some refer to as "squad fillers".

Tosin makes entire sense because not only is he a quality player but he's also a decent deal for us to do. Loyd Kelly would be similar.

What we need to be careful of, is losing value on players as soon as they come through the door.

Even if Tosin (for example) doesn't work out, we'd likely recoup any signing on fee/agent fee from a future sale.

The other strategy is to buy quality young players, like Hall and Livramento who will initially come in as bench players with the opportunity to take their place in the starting 11.

32 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

We know how much it is - just over £30m + ticket sales

Edit - and as nufcnick pointed out, it’s in this year’s accounts, not next year’s

So the extra money we could spend from that was already free to use summer?

3 minutes ago, STM said:

However, I think it's a better strategy to sign quality players and push current players down the pecking order, than to sign what some refer to as "squad fillers".

Tosin makes entire sense because not only is he a quality player but he's also a decent deal for us to do. Loyd Kelly would be similar.

What we need to be careful of, is losing value on players as soon as they come through the door.

Even if Tosin (for example) doesn't work out, we'd likely recoup any signing on fee/agent fee from a future sale.

The other strategy is to buy quality young players, like Hall and Livramento who will initially come in as bench players with the opportunity to take their place in the starting 11.

Ofcourse, but we don't need every single signing to be another Bruno or Isak. That's the unrealistic view that some seem to have. Almost seems like we become victims of our own success if the expectations have become this high due to it. Every club want to buy players for the sake of coverage and rotation if they are cheap enough. Especially if they are good enough to fight for the starting spot.

1 minute ago, Erikse said:

Ofcourse, but we don't need every single signing to be another Bruno or Isak. That's the unrealistic view that some seem to have. Almost seems like we become victims of our own success if the expectations have become this high due to it. Every club want to buy players for the sake of coverage and rotation if they are cheap enough. Especially if they are good enough to fight for the starting spot.

It's hard to really grasp what you are saying though. Give me an example of a player/price you would look at?

In general, the less you pay, the worse the quality. Filling the bench with players "just better than Richie and Dummett" is a ridiculous strategy, both from a financial and footballing point of view.

I'd rather sign quality, slowly and be patient.

You only have to look at the clubs pursuing both Tosin and Kelly, both here and abroad, to understand their quality.

This idea that quality players only exist at big clubs is so weird, but is a very common way of thinking in this country. It's that similar line of thinking that has people always wanting to send any decent player to those clubs too.

So so weird man.

1 hour ago, Erikse said:

How many players with a habit of winning can we afford? Are we going to sign players from Real Madrid or City?

Why not, other clubs do.

22 minutes ago, KaKa said:

You only have to look at the clubs pursuing both Tosin and Kelly, both here and abroad, to understand their quality.

This idea that quality players only exist at big clubs is so weird, but is a very common way of thinking in this country. It's that similar line of thinking that has people always wanting to send any decent player to those clubs too.

So so weird man.

A good example of that is I can honestly say I had never heard of Isak or Guiamares until they signed for us.

42 minutes ago, STM said:

That only works if your existing first 11 players aren’t all significantly older than 30. Schar, Trippier, Wilson, Burn to name but a few are not getting any younger

4 hours ago, elbee909 said:

There's a reason Beth's on ignore

Genuinely shocked I didn't before. Nowt but an idiotic troll

11 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

That only works if your existing first 11 players aren’t all significantly older than 30. Schar, Trippier, Wilson, Burn to name but a few are not getting any younger

I suppose none of them are getting any younger to be honest.

15 minutes ago, Rod said:

A good example of that is I can honestly say I had never heard of Isak or Guiamares until they signed for us.

Arsenal fan I know thought they had done great business going for the 'big club', 'proven' option in Jesus, while in the same time period we were signing Isak, who he said wasn't 'proven' enough for Arsenal. 

Now all he ever talks about is Isak ... all the damn time, and how Arsenal should go for him, and I just laugh at him.

Imagine having all these scouts and access to all the latest sports data, and still not being able to see past the 'big club', 'proven' mindset.

Long may it continue though, as long as we don't do the same, because it is allowing us to make up some serious ground really quickly.

1 hour ago, Erikse said:

So the extra money we could spend from that was already free to use summer?

It was already used last summer 

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

So so weird man.

People believe it because they watched City and Chelsea spend their way to success buying top name players.

I do agree with you, however and look at current state Chelsea to show it doesn’t always work out.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, STM said:

It's hard to really grasp what you are saying though. Give me an example of a player/price you would look at?

In general, the less you pay, the worse the quality. Filling the bench with players "just better than Richie and Dummett" is a ridiculous strategy, both from a financial and footballing point of view.

Why do you think that signing these players will get in the way of signing quality? If that was the case, we probably wouldn't sign them. It's not like we would spend a fortune on these.

Edited by Erikse

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, STM said:

Do you think Liverpool expected Endo to be the new Fabinho? Or that Arsenal expected Trossard to be better than Martinelli? Maybe he has been lately, but usually Martinelli is the main guy. He has had a dip in form. Both of these signings has done okay, like expected. Trossard has helped them a lot with rotation. I expect Tosin to be better than both Burn and Lascelles.

Edited by Erikse

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Why not, other clubs do.

Like who? Arsenal, who both has more spending power and can attract better players, when they got Zinchenko and Jesus? That has been two of their worst signings in the last years. Palmer is an exception. Who are we going to buy from the top clubs?

Edited by Erikse