Tosin Adarabioyo

Jack27

They can offer more money, immediate European football and he won't even have to move. Not particularly suprising. Obviously they'll be looking to sell him for an FFP profit in a couple of years but hey ho.

Just now, Abacus said:

It did feel like the only reason for our interest to be leaked was as a bargaining chip.

I blame Jack27

100% Jacks fault

On 23/05/2024 at 08:34, Paulinho said:

I don’t like the fact that Romano keeps tweeting about this. It suggests Tosin’s agent is prompting him to do so. 

As I said, if Romano is incessantly tweeting about a player with a fairly low profile, it’s because he’s being paid to do so by his agent. 

1 minute ago, Checko said:

They can offer more money, immediate European football and he won't even have to move. Not particularly suprising. Obviously they'll be looking to sell him for an FFP profit in a couple of years but hey ho.

Surely conference league football isn’t that much of a lure. It will be the money and not having to move home. 

Annoying. We’re going to lose out on targets, and we do have to be realistic, our project is still in its infancy. We’re not yet an established force. Getting there though. 

Annoying to miss out on him, but if he's chosing Chelsea over us he's thinking short term instead of long term or just about money. 

Genuinely believe this is the last time they'll be ahead of us as a football team.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

At least we know Hope talks shit then.

Very nice to know. The Ashworth email scandal must be nonsense too. 

Just now, M1tche said:

Annoying to miss out on him, but if he's chosing Chelsea over us he's thinking short term instead of long term or just about money. 

Genuinely believe this is the last time they'll be ahead of us as a football team.

He's probably got an 8 year contract in front of him TBF :lol:

2 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

Surely conference league football isn’t that much of a lure. It will be the money and not having to move home. 

I doubt the competition itself is a draw but the extra games probably factors too

Although, they are quite stacked at CB so will be interesting to see if he gets regular games

Disappointing but it seems the ‘free transfer’ element of the deal was key. He’d obviously been profiled but would we have been interested at £30/£35m? He’ll now sit on Chelsea’s bench whilst Howe would have got him into the England set-up.

4 minutes ago, 54 said:

He's probably got an 8 year contract in front of him TBF :lol:

He'll get a long contract on massive wages, but in footballing terms it's a short sighted move in my opinion.