Lloyd Kelly

Jack27

14 hours ago, Thumbheed said:

Getting in a top quality free transfer is hard enough, but getting in 2 tells me we've painted quite a picture of t future of the club to them both.  

I'm calling it, this summer is going to be transformational. 

Nevermind

45 minutes ago, lovejoy said:

Kelly is done, apparently.

So was tosin.  

im believing no rumour this summer until it’s a done deal and he’s holding a Newcastle scarf 

I do think we will get this one to be fair. The only other noise I have heard is Tottenham but don’t think they’re that serious for him. He’s worked under Howe before and knows how highly he rates him. 

35 minutes ago, Vaj said:

I do think we will get this one to be fair. The only other noise I have heard is Tottenham but don’t think they’re that serious for him. He’s worked under Howe before and knows how highly he rates him. 

Yeah we were supposedly very interested in Jan but backed off. Haven’t heard a dickybird since. Been suggested maybe we’re concerned about the injury issues.

4 hours ago, Chris L said:

So was tosin.  

im believing no rumour this summer until it’s a done deal and he’s holding a Newcastle scarf 

There'll be less competition for Kelly tbf, maybe because of those injuries, and also he's not as big a unit as Tosin. I think we'll get this one done. At the same time I won't be that arsed if we don't.

1 hour ago, Away Toon said:

Well we won the most injured players championship last season and Kelly is a great buy to keep us number 1.

No we didn’t.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, lovejoy said:

Kelly is done, apparently.

Bit harsh, but he has had a lot of injury issues.

Edit: nemtizz beat me to it.

Edited by leffe186

32 minutes ago, Pearljam10 said:

It takes months to close a deal these days

Months - is he the negotiator? (My apologies but I was watching police squad last night)

So Kelly is injury prone and not what we need, yet Tosin is world class and its a major disappointment we missed out 🤣

Yet there's barely any difference in both players appearances and performances over the last 5 seasons or so, if anything Kelly has missed less games that Tosin 

🤷

4 minutes ago, patrone said:

So Kelly is injury prone and not what we need, yet Tosin is world class and its a major disappointment we missed out 🤣

Yet there's barely any difference in both players appearances and performances over the last 5 seasons or so, if anything Kelly has missed less games that Tosin 

🤷

Kelly is younger and more versatile as well covering the LB position.