Lloyd Kelly

Jack27

Just now, rebelrouser said:

Is he going to displace Dan Burn or Lewis Hall? 

As far as I'm concerned, all we need him to do is prevent Burn starting at left back.

Hall should be the first choice though!

36 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

Would imagine it depends on the opposition.

3 hours ago, rebelrouser said:

Since Botman won’t be back until 2025, we won’t have to worry about Burn playing as a leftback until then. It’s going to be either Kelly or Hall. 

17 hours ago, Solitude20 said:

Since Botman won’t be back until 2025, we won’t have to worry about Burn playing as a leftback until then. It’s going to be either Kelly or Hall. 

That's how I would see it, he'll cover for Burn at CB if for any reason he's out injured.

So, next few weeks then…..before he gets signed by a different club…

I don’t know whether it’s the ITK’s or whoever, but I wish they’d shut the fuck up and let the club get on with who they’re targeting without leaking it… 

just being impatient as I know we’ll come good…

4 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Anyone else not comfortable with Chelsea having a full month to decide they'd actually like Lloyd Kelly as well? 

Nah, this one always seemed the one which would attract less attention from a cartel club, maybe because he's considered a hybrid defender rather than an out and out CB. Plus his injury record probably has a few clubs second guessing whereas I assume Howe has some inside knowledge which gives him more confidence in the player.

9 minutes ago, NSG said:

Downie saying Roma and Atletico have come in for him.

That's what I like to see, clubs with less pulling power coming in for our targets.

35 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Great video that.

Can we trade in Pearson and that Bristol knobhead for these two please in a swap deal?

Don't think it was these two but it was Bournemouth fans on you tube waxing on about Eddie Howe that really won me round when he first came here.

Also, speaking to Bournemouth fans up here, they were great, not to sound condescending but they were aware of their place and very honest.

Also amongst our lot the away cup game has legendary status, I have a little soft spot for them.

7 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Really good to hear this from people that watch him week in and week out.

Always liked the look of him when I've seen him for Bournemouth and thought he stood out, and was really beginning to wonder if I was imagining things, when I saw some of the responses to the original links.

Looking forward to us tying this one up.

Few key points from that video:

Not as good as Ake (who they see as the best player to play for their club).

Better than Tyrone Mings (who they clearly didn't rate).

They think he will be a better left back than Dan Burn.

They understand he's not as good as Botman, but maybe Schar (although Schar is underrated by every other fan base IMO).

They say he will be a massive success under Eddie.

Predict he will be in the England squad playing for us.

Very versatile, good at left back, excellent at CB.

They say he's rapid, very good physically and very composed on the ball.

Perhaps a weakness that he can look slightly laid back and he plays the game at his own pace.

They say he's very professional, keeps himself to himself.

Is good for a goal from a set piece.

Leads by example rather than being vocal.

Would be worth around 30m by their estimate.

6 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Nice squad player who looks like he can fill in the gaps with Botman out - in no scenario beyond fitness/rotation is he being picked ahead of Hall though

I'd wager that Kelly is much more likely to start at left back than Hall. Whether you like that or not is irrelevant.

1 minute ago, STM said:

I'd wager that Kelly is much more likely to start at left back than Hall. Whether you like that or not is irrelevant.

The data doesn't seem to support your prediction, but happy to eat crow if it turns out to be the case

Screenshot 2024-06-10 at 1.05.01 PM.png