Next season

Rod

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

'm guessing that's just for the Third Round but fucking hell we could have done with that rule last season. 

I was thinking the whole cup for some reason [emoji38]. Fucking hell that would have been wild [emoji38].

3 hours ago, LFEE said:

Good luck us ever getting a favourable cup draw this year…

eh? that doesnt make sense.

how does that reduce fixture pile up?

3 minutes ago, huss9 said:

eh? that doesnt make sense.

how does that reduce fixture pile up?

It doesn't, it allows the Top 6 to play weakened teams and still get through.

Hull's first team would stand no chance against Man City's 2nd string for example, but if they have to play a CL game, then let's say, Arsenal in the cup, in the same week, their chances of winning both games reduces.

It's all to help the Sky 6 once again  unfortunately. 

What in the name of fuck. 🙃

Yet another truly abhorrent shake-up to try and enable the ESL clubs to have their cake and eat it. It's all just so shameful and shameless. 

Oh well, at least we did our bit in easing fixture congestion for a couple of the precious sides last year. 

This is basically them boiling the frogs after we all kicked off over the ESL. Every single one of these corrupt changes should be being met with the same energy. 

Absolute joke.

You couldn’t write this. Every draw we got last season was rake after rake, hitting us square in the face. Now, they’ve decided that they’re not going to allow the top teams to be drawn against other top teams so that these top teams can have a little breather. Bent is the shape they can get and off is a direction they can fuck. 

Posted (edited)

If we keep Isak and Bruno I can see us being a nightmare to play against next season, expanded European competitions and we'll be the only side with top 4 ambitions without the extra games. Likely to be less affected than most by the internationals as well. Not to mention the managerial upheavals around us  Think the nature of the season gone past will have added a steel to the side and a massive chip on the shoulders of the players. Whereas before we've looked hesitant facing the better sides particularly away from home I think we'll impose ourselves on them a lot more. A bit more luck on the injury front and I honestly think we'll be closer in points to first than 5th

Edited by jackflap

I don’t agree with it, the beauty of the cups, are the randomness of it. Hopefully this season they will stop pre-heating our ball.
Maybe it benefits us in the years to come, or maybe they’ll introduce another rule tweak which only affects teams North of Washington.

So am I interpreting this correctly?

CL teams can still draw each other, just not teams in the EL/ECL?

So Man City can still get Arsenal or Liverpool, but not Man Utd or Spurs?

Posted (edited)

Every rule thats come in since all th talk about 'fairness' and 'sustainability' and the bogus compassion for the smaller clubs has benefitted the already massively advantaged.  How did that happen?

They're shameless. Its daylight robbery.

Edited by Jonas

13 hours ago, SteV said:

So am I interpreting this correctly?

CL teams can still draw each other, just not teams in the EL/ECL?

So Man City can still get Arsenal or Liverpool, but not Man Utd or Spurs?

Yeah, it's because the CL/EL first matchweeks are on different weeks as for the first one UEFA are having CL games on the Thursday aswell, calling it the "Exclusive" week or some other gimmicky shite. And clashes with the league cup 3rd round.

So if a CL team drew an EL/ECL team they'd both be busy one of the weeks, this way they won't be.

It's a dogshit rule and I'd be all for making everyone enter in round 2 or whatever it used to be and play the kids if they're not happy, but hopefully we get a bit of luck (ha!) and a couple of other good sides knock each other out.

21 minutes ago, Kilcline said:

Yeah, it's because the CL/EL first matchweeks are on different weeks as for the first one UEFA are having CL games on the Thursday aswell, calling it the "Exclusive" week or some other gimmicky shite. And clashes with the league cup 3rd round.

So if a CL team drew an EL/ECL team they'd both be busy one of the weeks, this way they won't be.

It's a dogshit rule and I'd be all for making everyone enter in round 2 or whatever it used to be and play the kids if they're not happy, but hopefully we get a bit of luck (ha!) and a couple of other good sides knock each other out.

So really it’s of some benefit to CL teams, but more benefit to EL/ECL teams.

Had a dream last night that we beat Bournemouth 9-1 on the opening day of the season so anything less than that and I'll be disappointed. 

8 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

Scorers?

I think Longstaff got one which is concerning. Behind that I don't remember my dreams very well :(

3 hours ago, Cf said:

Had a dream last night that we beat Bournemouth 9-1 on the opening day of the season so anything less than that and I'll be disappointed. 

Three hatricks, Osimhen, Isak and Mbeumo? 

Hang on, the idea of this, which just happens to have transpired when the sly 6 all get back in Europe, is to prevent "fixture pile up" by basically giving them a bye into the next round, ergo more games? Make it make sense.

7 hours ago, Cf said:

Hope it was away as I'm already struggling for any time off that weekend.