Last 16: Romania 0-3 Netherlands; Austria 1-2 Turkey

Yorkie

What an awful strike that was. Had all the time in the world to line it up and smacked it straight into the crowd.

2 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Maybe I was in the bog and missed it but yet to see Mbappe do anything noteworthy in this tournament

Some wonderful play on the byline to set up the chance I was talking about above.

2 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Maybe I was in the bog and missed it but yet to see Mbappe do anything noteworthy in this tournament

Broke his nose and that's it

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

There's been some decent games but I'm not sure the tournament has been that great

Completely agree, feels like it’s flatlining 

Just now, joeyt said:

There's been some decent games but I'm not sure the tournament has been that great

Started off well for 1st group games, but the lack of decent final group games + awful last 16.

4 minutes ago, TRon said:

Some wonderful play on the byline to set up the chance I was talking about above.

Yep, he did that literally 30 seconds after I posted, never fails. Just find the constant slaver over him weird and annoying and, outside of WC 18, way over the top generally.

4 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

Started off well for 1st group games, but the lack of decent final group games + awful last 16.

Tbf Spain v Georgia last night was a cracker.

3 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

Just think the whole tournament has suffered lack of quality finishing. Even the dead balls have been poor.

I think there's been a lack of really good performances from top players. 

Like Bellingham has scored two good goals but he's not played that great.  Musiala has done well.  Struggling to think of many other consistently top performers 

Couldn't even tell you who the current top scorer is in the tournament

Good point, is there a standout player at the tournament? Can't think of many, particularly the "big name" players, a couple on Germany. Nico Williams has been brilliant for Spain, favorite player at this thing.

11 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Yep, he did that literally 30 seconds after I posted, never fails. Just find the constant slaver over him weird and annoying and, outside of WC 18, way over the top generally.

His performance in the WC22 final was unbelievable. If France had won the penalties, it would have been recognized as an all time great.