Will Osula

52 minutes ago, Joe1984 said:

That not what people said about Minteh... 😅

Although he never got to the first team.

To be fair, Minteh was an epic success. £24m profit on a player we never even had really.

21 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

His goal scoring record is kind of baffling. 11 in 5 at U23 level, 19 in 9 at U21 level and then at senior level 2 in 16 in League One and 0 in 28 across Championship and PL, even accounting for most of those appearances being as a sub. I realise the overall level of defending at academy level will be lower, but to go from scoring a brace every game on average to hardly scoring at all at senior level is odd.

I think his youth level scoring record shows he can be a good finisher, and based of the clips he seems a good striker of the ball with both feet, so it may just be a matter of building his confidence up, training with better coaches and playing with better team mates that could lead to him unlocking his potential. He couldn't have found a better environment to come to and develop, although bar another horrific injury crisis I don't expect we will see much of him in the first season, maybe the odd minute here or there and a runout in a cup game vs lower league opposition.

in fairness he played 21 times last season in a side that scored 36 goals all season. It’s a big ask for him to come in to a side that isn’t scoring and make a big difference. I don’t know how many he started in but I think even Callum Wilson would struggle to get double figures in that side

on the flip side as someone mentioned earlier in the fa cup against maybe lesser opponents he scored 6 in 6 over last two seasons 

Edited by gdm

When did Sky Sports go from being the best for breaking sports news to the absolute last to know?

These kind of days putting more weight behind baseless gossip than actual well researched journalism.

Seems like their standard response is to deny something which everyone knows is happening or has happened just so they can control the stream of output surrounding that story.

Seriously, both Caulkin and Romano have said he’s agreed terms and is coming for a medical. Idk maybe he’s right but SSN has taken a massive tumble in recent years.

1 minute ago, Joelinton7 said:

When did Sky Sports go from being the best for breaking sports news to the absolute last to know?

These kind of days putting more weight behind baseless gossip than actual well researched journalism.

Seems like their standard response is to deny something which everyone knows is happening or has happened just so they can control the stream of output surrounding that story.

Seriously, both Caulkin and Romano have said he’s agreed terms and is coming for a medical. Idk maybe he’s right but SSN has taken a massive tumble in recent years.

When they started padding out their shows with Vloggers and celebs.

Can't imagine personal termsa are going to be a problem anyway. Not like with his record at Sheffield Utd he's going to ask for an arm and a leg. Feels like a twist that's just been put out there as clickbait.

He needs a huge lot of training to be effective for us. Control your expectation for this season. His vision is simply not good enough and he will make lots of bad decisions. 

He is really the one for the future.

17 minutes ago, BermyToon said:

So, zero goals in 21 PL games and we will pay £15M for him? Why not just give Kuol a chance instead?

Kuol dosn't even look league 2 standard, benched for a dutch side that was relegated last year

18 minutes ago, BermyToon said:

So, zero goals in 21 PL games and we will pay £15M for him? Why not just give Kuol a chance instead?

Jesus H Christ. 

On paper his PL start is similar to Lua Lua. Lots of sub apps, no goals for ages. He was never top class but he eventually became handy backup for Bellamy. If this kid can be like that for Isak then mint.

26 minutes ago, BermyToon said:

From what I can tell he’s played on average 37mins per game like 784 mins in the premier league for the worst side in the league. He clearly has talent looking at his u23 career and the fa cup 

I definitely have never seen the guy play but from the YouTube video I have just watched, SIGN HIM UP!

Joking aside, what struck me is that he is obviously raw and will need effective coaching, however his confidence is striking - the fact the video showed him a couple of times bringing the ball down against City and not being afraid to be direct and get at Ake & Akanji, really liked that, and he knows where the net is too from his goals.

11 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Don't recall ever seeing him play but he's young and a versatile forward, just what we need

Get a decent CB and RW, keep our purples and it's a solid window

Think if all that happens it's an amazing window.