Marc Guehi

gdm

It's a bit hard to take the argument that we are super competent and know definitely what we can afford when literally a few weeks ago we panic sold two of our most exciting young players. 

We will have to make a big heartbreaking sale at some point, as all clubs do. We will replace and move on.

7 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Our revenue is c. £300m this season as it stands.  Our wages and amortisation is at least £280m. Probably closer to £300m. Unless we make sales or increase revenues elsewhere I don’t see how we can afford another £100m+ summer with Minimal outgoings. 

For a start amortisation drops off on a number of players. This is how it works. You can look at Burn, Trippier, Wood and ASM off previous accounts in addition to lower amounts for players that signed new contracts such as Miggy etc.

The c£300m doesn’t include adidas other than perhaps 1 month and some commission. 

I honestly think the amount we were short by for FFP has been over played. If anything someone’s thought we banked the adidas money up front on the accounts for year 1 of the deal then realised the fuck up. I’m looking at Dan the gardening man here. Or Staveley. 

It's so galling having rules in place to protect 6 greedy cunts. All dressed up as bullshit to protect other clubs going out of business, it stinks so bad and they don't even hide it any more, arseholes.

PSR will continue to be an issue and we'll likely keeping skating on thin ice as we seek to push as hard as we can to challenge for top four.

Hopefully we'll be able to shift less crucial players when the time comes, however it's entirely possible that we'll have to sell Gordon, Isak, Bruno or one of our other stars next summer. However, if we do you can be sure that we'll reinvest every single penny that we can to try to make it a net gain for our team.

Personally hope we roll the dice to some extent. Fuck it, life's too short.

17 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Our revenue is c. £300m this season as it stands.  Our wages and amortisation is at least £280m. Probably closer to £300m. Unless we make sales or increase revenues elsewhere I don’t see how we can afford another £100m+ summer with Minimal outgoings. 

And the beat goes on!!

11 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

It's a bit hard to take the argument that we are super competent and know definitely what we can afford when literally a few weeks ago we panic sold two of our most exciting young players. 

We will have to make a big heartbreaking sale at some point, as all clubs do. We will replace and move on.

Was Anderson really one of our most exciting young players? I’d not say many fans, in my experience, were excited about watching Anderson when he was selected. He was a depth midfielder and didn’t project to be much more for us.

4 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

Was Anderson really one of our most exciting young players? I’d not say many fans, in my experience, were excited about watching Anderson when he was selected. He was a depth midfielder and didn’t project to be much more for us.

What exactly was exciting about Anderson? As others have said, 50 plus games without ever having much of impact, no goals and nothing blatantly in his locker to scare anyone. Lewis Hall is a more exciting prospect and he’s younger and a defender.

5 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

Agreed.....couldnt believe we managed such a great piece of business.

10 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

Nope, seen absolutely fuck all from the kid. That Geordie maradonna song was mind numbingly cringeworthy.

11 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Hey, remember when we were all begging Fat Mike to take a chance and be a bit more ambitious? Well, he didn't listen, and look what happened - we got relegated a twice under him.

But now, things are different. We've got new owners who aren't afraid to take risks and be ambitious. And guess what? Now it's us fans who are saying, "Whoa, slow down a bit! pipe down the ambition and risk guys because of PSR."  

spreadsheets after spreadsheets and complaining about a player who never played  one game for us and  a squad player.

was Mike and his friends in the media right in saying the Geordie faithfully need a dose of realism? 

What happened to the mantra, "we don't demand a team that wins but a club that tries."

30 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

I'm in the halfway house on this. I agree they're probably going to spend money not knowing exactly how they're going to cover it further down the line. But they can still be considered competent despite that -  even if it did get them into a sticky situation this summer.

If you prepare with 10 solid escape routes in mind, but for various reasons - e.g. very bad luck with injuries, including to decent candidates for sale like Lascelles - they all fall through, it doesn't necessarily mean you've fucked up if you resort to the "break glass in case of emergency" plans. Even if it is a very uncomfortable experience.

30 minutes ago, Magdad said:

For a start amortisation drops off on a number of players. This is how it works. You can look at Burn, Trippier, Wood and ASM off previous accounts in addition to lower amounts for players that signed new contracts such as Miggy etc.

The c£300m doesn’t include adidas other than perhaps 1 month and some commission. 

I honestly think the amount we were short by for FFP has been over played. If anything someone’s thought we banked the adidas money up front on the accounts for year 1 of the deal then realised the fuck up. I’m looking at Dan the gardening man here. Or Staveley. 

Amortisation doesn’t ’drop off’ until a players contract runs out or they are sold. 

image.thumb.jpeg.959fab31e0843639fc017a259175a18b.jpeg

So we fully amortised ASM and Wood in last years accounts when they were sold. Trippier and Burn extended their contracts last season so the amortisation saved should partly be reflected in last seasons accounts which we recorded mammoth losses until the end of June. And those are relatively small fees/amortisation costs. Barnes, Isak, Tonali, Botman, Gordon, Livra + Hall are all on their original contracts and will carry their full amortisation costs. Joelinton amortisation will be massively reduced but his wages have massively increased which offsets some of the gains. Ditto Bruno. 

The c300m is from Eales himself. We did £250m in the last published accounts. Last season will be c300m and with the lack fo European football or significant additional revenues we’ll do similar this season. 

Can a mod sticky the image in a thread please? Lots of people don’t understand how it works. 

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I promise this is the last time I mention it. You can’t mention the Anderson deal without mentioning the GK deal.  

Thats another £6-8m we’ve added to costs for the next financial year btw. 

Yeah, we really need to get rid of Dubravka to make this tolerable.

8 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Amortisation doesn’t ’drop off’ until a players contract runs out or they are sold. 

image.thumb.jpeg.959fab31e0843639fc017a259175a18b.jpeg

So we fully amortised ASM and Wood in last years accounts when they were sold. Trippier and Burn extended their contracts last season so the amortisation saved should partly be reflected in last seasons accounts which we recorded mammoth losses until the end of June. And those are relatively small fees/amortisation costs. Barnes, Isak, Tonali, Botman, Gordon, Livra + Hall are all on their original contracts and will carry their full amortisation costs. Joelinton amortisation will be massively reduced but his wages have massively increased which offsets some of the gains. Ditto Bruno. 

The c300m is from Eales himself. We did £250m in the last published accounts. Last season will be c300m and with the lack fo European football or significant additional revenues we’ll do similar this season. 

Can a mod sticky the image in a thread please? Lots of people don’t understand how it works. 

I know exactly how it works, hence why I mentioned the contract extensions. The big elephant in the room here is you clearly don’t include allowable adjustments in any of your findings that I’ve read so far which could be huge. 

Last season gone a big profit was required. We simply don’t know how big that profit was yet. 

I suspect they’ve gone for as big a profit as possible to allow further wiggle room with the next couple of years in mind, but like your doing, that is guess work on my part as accounts aren’t out yet. 

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Interesting article below. Guehi and Thiaw apparently both represented by the same agency.

Some speculation that Guehi was always the priority, with Thiaw a possible backup, discussed with the agency during negotiations.

https://www.footitalia.com/newcastles-decision-on-thiaw-and-its-implications-for-milan/

Interesting. 

They’ve also got AG, Miley, Lascelles and Wilson. Hayden too. Among hundreds of others.  

The Man City decision is still awaited, our sponsorship is still awaited and our incoming/outgoing transfers are still awaited. Yet we have people who think they know exactly what is happening (they don't) and how we're either not going to spend a great deal or maybe having problems again next summer.

I keep saying it time again, why don't we wait until after the transfer window has closed, when a clearer picture should emerge. However, only one set of people will know the exact picture for next year (subject to the City case decision) and that's the club owners and accountants. 

Edited by et tu brute

1 hour ago, Magdad said:

The 300m did include CL money, which we don't have this season - so one offsets the other.  There is no reason at all to think that revenues will be up this year

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

The Man City decision is still awaited, our sponsorship is still awaited and our incoming/outgoing transfers are still awaited. Yet we have people who think they know exactly what is happening (they don't) and how we're either not going to spend a great deal or maybe having problems again next summer.

I keep saying it time again, why don't we wait until after the transfer window has closed, when a clearer picture should emerge.only one set of people will know the exact picture for next year (subject to City case decision) and that's the club owners and accountants. 

Well not know until next June tbf.  

I expect us to be much more conservative with FFP this season because this past June was a circus.  BUT.. planning for sales before the next deadline in May/June is viable. We dont have to adhere come September. But we shouldn’t put ourselves in such a big hole unless we have more viable plans (planning to sell Lascelles for decent money is not a viable plan imo). 

1 hour ago, Bimpy474 said:

We'll buy, anticipating selling in the next year to cover the next PSR deadline i would have thought.

This is what I'd put money on - we'll get players in first, then recoup afterwards.  No idea why so many are shit scared of the club selling players.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Interesting article below. Guehi and Thiaw apparently both represented by the same agency.

Some speculation that Guehi was always the priority, with Thiaw a possible backup, discussed with the agency during negotiations.

https://www.footitalia.com/newcastles-decision-on-thiaw-and-its-implications-for-milan/

Ah.. so both are a smokescreen for a hefty bid for Maguire!