Marc Guehi

gdm

31 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

As much as I can’t stand the lad, we can’t really sell Longstaff unless we sign a CM. 

Disagree. Last year of contract so unless we plan to extend this is the summer to sell him.

Tonali, Hall, Miley and at a push Willock can cover him along with one or two from our shadow squad. We’ve no European football this year either.

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Disagree. Last year of contract so unless we plan to extend this is the summer to sell him.

Tonali, Hall, Miley and at a push Willock can cover him along with one or two from our shadow squad. We’ve no European football this year either.

Two Mileys now, although I think Jamie could be going out on loan.

6 hours ago, Elliottman said:

Why dont people just enjoy the ride and trust those in charge? Seems like a lot time spent worrying about something which is completely out of your hands  :laugh:

To be fair more than half of the content on this forum is people worrying about things which are completely out of our hands.

Part of the ride, unfortunately, is figuring out how to compete within the financial regulations when others have had a huge headstart. I'm enjoying it more than if we were able to just buy the league to be honest, but it's going to have its frustrating moments.

Longer this goes on the more it feels like a smokescreen

Editing to add does anyone else find it strange no one else is in for Guehi?

Edited by Upthemags

11 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Surely it's the opposite?

1 hour ago, Skeletor said:

Why "can't you stand" Longstaff?

I like Longstaff. Comes across really well in interviews and training videos. I can’t stand watching him fall forwards whenever someone puts pressure on him. I can’t stand it when he gives the ball away under no pressure at all. I can’t stand seeing the opposition easily play the ball through him and whichever partner he has. I do however like seeing some of his runs into the box, even though I can’t stand seeing him put the majority of those chances over the bar.

Edited by Shearergol

14 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

If Thiaw was the smokescreen for Guehi, who is Guehi the smokescreen for? And why is it so smoky all of a sudden?? Honestly I just think the top clubs you’d think of wanting him don’t need him, or they have more pressing needs. We’ve picked our moment well hopefully. 

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Surely it's the opposite?

But where are the other bidders? If we're to believe this is genuine and not a strategic leak to Ornstein, wouldn't it behoove CP to court other suitors/publicize that interest?

The other thing is we know Mitchell keeps tightly lipped, and we've pulled this trick before the last few windows.

2 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

If Thiaw was the smokescreen for Guehi, who is Guehi the smokescreen for? And why is it so smoky all of a sudden?? Honestly I just think the top clubs you’d think of wanting him don’t need him, or they have more pressing needs. We’ve picked our moment well hopefully. 

Entirely possible. Just some puzzling details really

4 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Honestly I just think the top clubs you’d think of wanting him don’t need him, or they have more pressing needs. We’ve picked our moment well hopefully. 

Aye, if we get a clean run at him think it'll be because none of the other clubs capable of affording + attracting him actually need him right now, coupled with the fact that this is the window where Palace can get max value for him if he's refusing to sign a new contract.

5 hours ago, Upthemags said:

But where are the other bidders? If we're to believe this is genuine and not a strategic leak to Ornstein, wouldn't it behoove CP to court other suitors/publicize that interest?

The other thing is we know Mitchell keeps tightly lipped, and we've pulled this trick before the last few windows.

It'll have been Palace who leaked it. Parish is a strategic operator and will have done so to alert other clubs. I think the less we hear,  particular from the Palace/agent end, the more promising it is.

Edited by The Prophet

11 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

We once used speculation about Barella to disguise a move for Tonali and now every transfer link is a smokescreen.

Reckon we should offer a deal up to £100M for Guler, £60M for Guehi, £70M for Silva in case Guehi doesn’t work out and go extra big on a midfielder who thinks of defensive positioning first. 
Money or affordability isn’t something that should be relevant to this thread it seems so the above is what would consider a good window.

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

Well Tonali will replace him the PL starting 11, and Hall will start at LB most games. We could get by without him, but we're looking light IMO. Especially if Bruno doesn't manage to play every game. 

You're right it's a good time to sell financially, but I think we'd need a player in. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

We once used speculation about Barella to disguise a move for Tonali and now every transfer link is a smokescreen.

I really wanted Barella as well 

I love sarcasm. I've devoted my life to the art of it. I even got my middle name changed by deed poll so I'm now officially called Robert Sarcasm Dazzla.

But even a lifelong sarky twat like me can't even work out what's piss taking and what real in these transfer threads.

People are concerned that a transfer that was rumoured on Twatter by a journo a couple of days ago hasn't been concluded yet. And naturally the only plausible reason for this immense delay is because we've been gazumped.

The mind boggles.

Edited by bobbydazzla

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Well it would just be good business. Frustrating and wearisome as that might be for fans.

But it could be a right place right time type situation as is suggested, in which case I'm just reading too much into the tea leaves

7 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

I love sarcasm. I've devoted my life to the art of it. I even got my middle name changed by deed poll so I'm now officially called Robert Sarcasm Dazzla.

But even a lifelong sarky twat like me can't even work out what's piss taking and what real in these transfer threads.

People are concerned that a transfer that was rumoured on Twatter by a journo a couple of days ago hasn't been concluded yet. And naturally the only plausible reason for this immense delay is because we've been gazumped.

The mind boggles.

Think you're easily boggled then mate. Not all too difficult/far fetched a line of reasoning to wrap your head around.

18 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I like Longstaff. Comes across really well in interviews and training videos. I can’t stand watching him fall forwards whenever someone puts pressure on him. I can’t stand it when he gives the ball away under no pressure at all. I can’t stand seeing the opposition easily play the ball through him and whichever partner he has. I do however like seeing some of his runs into the box, even though I can’t stand seeing him put the majority of those chances over the bar.

I hate the way you talk to me

And your silly short blonde hair

I hate the way you dive all game

I hate your lack of flair

I hate your big dumb football boots

And the pass you never find

I hate you so much that it makes me sick

And even makes me rhyme

I hate the way you're always shite

I hate the shots you sky

I hate it when you make me laugh

Even worse when you make me cry