Marc Guehi

gdm

55 minutes ago, tarie4 said:

In this case, we must acknowledge that Gordon and Isak will not be signing new contracts. This is a reality that Minteh fan boys and other fans may not fully comprehend. Bruno's desire to win a trophy in the near future is understandable, and signing a developmental player may not align with his ambitions. As fans, we must accept that we have world-class players who seek immediate success and achievement. Acquiring a top-six class defender like Guehi demonstrates our commitment to our star players and our ambition to compete at the highest level.

Regarding the transfer fees, while I initially had reservations about the value of Gordon and Isak, I have learned from past experiences. If the club believes that Guehi is worth £70 million, then I am in agreement.

This is a really good point, for me Guehi would be the first next-level signing that a team like Man City would make. Not that Guehi is a next-level player as such, but he's a proven quality player in a position we need, so we go out and get him. That's what top teams do. 

I also don't care about the price too much, I'm assuming that the club won't pay a price that will put future plans at risk. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

11 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

This is a really good point, for me Guehi would be the first next-level signing that a team like Man City would make. Not that Guehi is a next-level player as such, but he's a proven quality player in a position we need, so we go out and get him. That's what top teams do. 

I also don't care about the price too much, I'm assuming that the club won't pay a price that will put future plans at risk.

That's what already established top teams do. You know yourself that's no longer an option for potential challengers. You can't blow £70m and move on. We'd likely have to consider selling an Isak/Bruno/Gordon in 12 months time to compensate or face a points deduction.

Edited by Turnbull2000

16 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

You can't blow £70m and move on. We'd likely have to consider selling an Isak/Bruno/Gordon in 12 months time to compensate or face a points deduction.

Agree. I am still mad we had to sell Minteh. Losing Minteh and paying way over market for Guehi is not how we become a top team. I think our business prior to this window was good, and I don't understand why we seem to be going away from that.  We need the next Sven Botman not the next Harry Maguire.   

32 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

That's what already established top teams do. You know yourself that's no longer an option for potential challengers. You can't blow £70m and move on. We'd likely have to consider selling an Isak/Bruno/Gordon in 12 months time to compensate or face a points deduction.

Well if that’s the case then we won’t do it. So nothing to worry about. 

52 minutes ago, Ben said:

Imagine staying at Palace, poor cunt.

46 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

that’s the thing, you have this “superstar player” and youre keeping him at your shithole club where he can never fulfill his potential. You lost on opening day. I get it’s a business but we have ambition and a different sort to Chelsea and City. We’ll play the fucker, we’ll make him the best CB in the league. You don’t care about him. Eddie cares about him.. 

Damn.

I imagine Liverpool fans are saying similar about Newcastle and Gordon.

Horrific.

3 hours ago, Kanji said:

It wouldn’t, and those who would be up in arms are the same ones over and over and over again. The ones freak over nothing. Funny enough, seems like a lot of the English players from the euros are having a bit of a rough go of match day 1. 

You can’t say it wouldn’t - he’s guaranteed it would 😀

4 hours ago, Zero said:

So you mean we are going to break our bank for a defender that is not one of the best CB in the world? Seriously?

All those you mentioned, except VVD, cost the club way less than Guehi.

WTF are we doing here?

I was expecting you to really explain what’s his strength and why he can bring us to another level, by replacing Schar or Botman. I didn’t expect the answer is no he isn’t one of the best.

Values change.  Saliba cost £27m when he was 18.  He'd go for a lot more than Guehi today.