Marc Guehi

gdm

1 hour ago, Turnbull2000 said:

That's what already established top teams do. You know yourself that's no longer an option for potential challengers. You can't blow £70m and move on. We'd likely have to consider selling an Isak/Bruno/Gordon in 12 months time to compensate or face a points deduction.

If we fail to meet the aspirations of our star players, they will likely depart regardless of whether we invest 70 million in Guehi or not.

1 hour ago, rebelrouser said:

Agree. I am still mad we had to sell Minteh. Losing Minteh and paying way over market for Guehi is not how we become a top team. I think our business prior to this window was good, and I don't understand why we seem to be going away from that.  We need the next Sven Botman not the next Harry Maguire.   

I respectfully disagree,  Guehi is a top six player, unfortunately minteh is not there yet. 

14 minutes ago, tarie4 said:

I respectfully disagree,  Guehi is a top six player, unfortunately minteh is not there yet. 

Exactly. Man some of the comments in this thread and the Minteh thread 🤦‍♂️😂 “We should be doing this, we should have done that”. How about we let the paid professionals get on with it an assess at the end of the window. 

19 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Exactly. Man some of the comments in this thread and the Minteh thread 🤦‍♂️😂 “We should be doing this, we should have done that”. How about we let the paid professionals get on with it an assess at the end of the window. 

This.

21 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Spot on - half our fans forgetting the hundreds of millions they’ve spent, the acedemy and business s as ide they’re slowly building, they simply just get so fucked off at the first two sales we have to make (ASM and Minteh). 

11 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Spot on - half our fans forgetting the hundreds of millions they’ve spent, the acedemy and business s as ide they’re slowly building, they simply just get so fucked off at the first two sales we have to make (ASM and Minteh). 

You think it’s been bad already, wait until we trade one of our big players. 

Edited by Nine

51 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

These professionals, who have led us from 20th to 4th in a season and a half and a cup final, have also brought in players like Isak, Gordon, Bruno, and others. They have significantly improved our financial situation, and the club is now worth over a billion.

I don't think the naysayers/minteh fan boys win that argument really. What these guys have done since they have come in, is quite astonishing really. Selling Minteh does not change my view of those running the club. They have established a high level of trust and credibility with me.

4 minutes ago, Dokko said:

So petty.

Fully agreed as well 😂

They're entirely fair in how they've approached this, I'd want us to do the same.

That being said though, I hope they get relegated and fuck off onto irrelevancy. They won't though, they're like a turd that won't flush. Like Everton. 

And I don't even care about Guehi that much.

I know there's more to a CB than passing, but until I was looking at his stats compared to ours this morning, I didn't realise his numbers were that high. Can see why we'd possibly want to still push for him. 

9 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I know there's more to a CB than passing, but until I was looking at his stats compared to ours this morning, I didn't realise his numbers were that high. Can see why we'd possibly want to still push for him. 

Apparently he’s shit now after yesterday 😂 Yes fwiw I think they’ll have one more go this week and then turn to alternatives. I suppose they can’t leave it too late otherwise they might leaves themselves short but Mitchel and co aren’t mugs they’re aware of that. 

2 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Apparently he’s shit now after yesterday 😂 Yes fwiw I think they’ll have one more go this week and then turn to alternatives. I suppose they can’t leave it too late otherwise they might leaves themselves short but Mitchel and co aren’t mugs they’re aware of that. 

Nah just offer 80m and get him. Couldn’t care less. It should be Howe’s problem to take since he forced the deal to go through. Why should the fans worry for that?

Fully expect Almiron to start next game btw.

8 hours ago, Gawalls said:

Does anybody really think the club wanted to trade Anderson or Minteh? They were forced to. It was either them or an Isak, Bruno, Gordon etc. Another hangover from the Ashley years is that we don't have any other saleable alternatives. We have a number of players on salaries which exceed their abilities who understandably want paying up to move on as any perspective new club are unwilling to match what they are on.

12 minutes ago, London Mag said:

Does anybody really think the club wanted to trade Anderson or Minteh? They were forced to. It was either them or an Isak, Bruno, Gordon etc. Another hangover from the Ashley years is that we don't have any other saleable alternatives. We have a number of players on salaries which exceed their abilities who understandably want paying up to move on as any perspective new club are unwilling to match what they are on.

Yep and until they’ve all been run down we will always have one hand tied behind our back. When them old contracts have gone and the acedemy players come through (and buy in the mean time) then we’ll have undone the state Ashley left us in and not before.

21 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I’m not going to say he’s shit or anything as I don’t watch a lot of palace but reading through their forum a fair few of them did say he’s prone to errors and gets done quite a bit.

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

I’m not going to say he’s shit or anything as I don’t watch a lot of palace but reading through their forum a fair few of them did say he’s prone to errors and gets done quite a bit.

That maybe the case but on the evidence of the euros he looks pretty fucking good to me. I’m sure there’s areas he can improve in, he’s only 23/24 too and Howe and Tindall seem to have a knack in this set up of pushing players on. 

What will be will be, I just hope we get some CB cover/depth in. 

Just get him! If we really think he will be massive here we just have to take the bite and the one driving this take the blame.

we really need a top cb in pronto.

33 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

So do we reckon this gets done?

Should be over one way or another this week at least. Personally think we get him and that’s us done for the window.