Marc Guehi

gdm

20 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

It is definitely from their programme notes. It’s up on Twitter. So it’s not really news.

Yeah just sounds like standard programme stuff, not really much substance in it. I’m sure he meant what he said but it’s not really pertinent to any potential transfer. 

No bothered either way now, I know he has to keep Palace fans sweet in case he stays there but if he is really happy to stay at Palace and is not pushing for a move then I would have some concerns about his ambition.

Bored with the whole thing and would rather get someone else who is as good and come back next year for half price.

I think today's the day I've officially checked out of this one. I no longer give a fuck if he signs or he doesn't, it's dragged on for ages apparently over just a few million quid. Neither side seem to want to be the one who gives in and both seem prepared to take it to the wire. 

Fuck it, I'm cool with whatever happens with this one now

Everyone is drained by this but equally nobody really knows what’s going on. Only Mitchel, Eales, Freedman, Parish and the player plus Howe probably know what going on. There’s clearly posturing or some kind of logjam over the price and payments which is stalling things. 

There’s still time for this to go through and we also may have a second option lined up in case it doesn’t. Part of me would like to see us sign Topsoba (unlikely) just for sheer shits and shits and giggles re Parish. It might all work out fine and I’m usually pretty optimistic so I think it will.

However we are at risk of looking like cunts if we’re spent all this time and don’t get Guehi over the line or a suitable plan B. Every man and dog knows we need to upgrade both R CB and RW and Mitchel (who I think will go on to do really good things in this PSR world) + Eales aren’t exactly going to look great going into this new season if the first 11 hasn’t been strengthened.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

45 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Even with Botman out I'd be amazed if either of them are in anyone's strongest XIs, though. We've improved the squad but not the first XI. Failure to do that this window would be awfully poor.

Yeah, I meant squad rather than in our strongest 11.

40 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

Keep forgetting about Kelly. Who’s the other one? Hall? I know what you’re saying but it doesn’t really feel like a transfer. 

Osulu, both signed and straight into the first team squad. Kelly will see significant game time this season imo.

10 minutes ago, midds said:

I think today's the day I've officially checked out of this one. I no longer give a fuck if he signs or he doesn't, it's dragged on for ages apparently over just a few million quid. Neither side seem to want to be the one who gives in and both seem prepared to take it to the wire. 

Fuck it, I'm cool with whatever happens with this one now

That’s probably a more concise version of what I’ve written below 😂

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

What's the head loss over? 

I think we'll all be glad when this one is done and dusted either way.

Some programme notes from him that would have been written earlier in the week. 

2 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Not by him either, his name goes on the bottom. Mitchell  and PIF out 

Edited by Andy84

Just now, Scoot said:

Fair.

It'll be interesting to see if it'll be more relief or excitement when this finally gets done :lol:

Will be such an anti climax if this happens now. Can't begin to describe how done I am with any more news about fucking Palace/Parish/Glasner/Guehi.

I reckon if we didn't think we'd sign him, there'd be reports of a concrete bid for an alternative by now. It might run up to a day or two before the deadline but I still think we get him. 

1 minute ago, Tiotes Witch Doctor said:

Our backroom setup is beginning to look very amateurish.

:lol:

Bring back Charnley. 

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

:lol:

Bring back Charnley. 

This place is unbelievable.

It's giving such small time vibes man.

So embarrassing.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

This place is unbelievable.

It's giving such small time vibes man.

So embarrassing.

Are you losing your head because other people are losing their heads?