Marc Guehi

gdm

6 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

The price stuff reminds me of Man Utd buying Tony Martial. The figure in the press was ‘up to £70m’, which seemed crazy. But Van Gaal (I think it was him) said “ but we only pay 70m if he turns into a 70m player, and then we are happy anyway”.

I think NUFC are making a similiar style bid, and if he were to flop it would maybe be a £40m cost. Under PSR the worse thing you can have is an expensive flop and structured deals help avoid it. But palace don’t want to risk share, they just want cash.

I think it was fairly widely reported it would be £65m fixed and then £5m addons, so seems unlikely.

3 hours ago, Paully said:

I’m still utterly convinced this will happen! 

Not quite as optimistic as you flip, hope they haven’t put all their eggs in one basket.

Just now, Parsley said:

I wonder if this has been agreed and Palace have asked for it to be confirmed next week so he can play today. 

No way they’re gambling £65m on one game.

5 minutes ago, Parsley said:

I wonder if this has been agreed and Palace have asked for it to be confirmed next week so he can play today. 

Why would we agree to that when we need him ourselves?

Gilmour's just played 89 minutes for Brighton but looks like he's going to Napoli. 

2 hours ago, Sibierski said:

If we can’t get urgency to get it done after a Schar 3 match ban, then I don’t know what the fuck we are doing. Going same approach that sure us then flap come PSR deadline, but I guess people are still very pro positive.

You don’t alter your transfer strategy because of a red card unless you don’t know what you’re doing.

1 hour ago, ToonAbroad said:

I think it was fairly widely reported it would be £65m fixed and then £5m addons, so seems unlikely.

On this occasion it looks like all the leaking is coming from the selling club though, who are dodgy by nature and very motivated to make the deal sound as big as possible - clearly hoping others would come in.

The Newcastle journalists seem to keep getting fed messages from us about 'not recognising the public descriptions' of the deal.

So I don't think we can stake our lives on those reports being true. There's definitely something weird going on, just not sure who the weirdos are.

Just had talkSPORT on commentators at Palace reckon Newcastle scouts are there. Still scouting him - worrying 

Edited by Andy84

1 minute ago, Andy84 said:

Just had talkSPORT on commentators at Palace reckon Newcastle scouts are there. Still scouting him - worrying 

Heard they're there to run the rule over Dirt Kuyt.

38 minutes ago, Andy84 said:

Just got back from watching Dirk Kuyt in Holland 

Palace's still current main owner, an American called John Textor with 45%, also owns Lyon and apparently "the majority of their squad" is up for sale. Parish himself only has a 10% stake. Textor couldn't buy out Palace's other owners and is now looking at buying Everton. His stake is 45% but with only 25% of voting rights.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/articles/cgm7zxg2y2yo

I don't have a scooby what is going on at Palace, but it doesn't sound like stability is the word.

Brilliant goal from Bowen to make it 2-0.

Hmm. Wasn't aware of Palace's biggest shareholder also owning Lyon who bid an unexpected £40m for Minteh. Wonder what our relationship with him is like.