Marc Guehi

gdm

5 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Used to be Camden Palace. Remember me and an underage mate signing in a couple of even more underage girls there as a kid :lol:

Sounds good but could you take them to a darts match there?

32 minutes ago, andycap said:

Mitchell wasn't there when we bid for olise and hasn't been in English football for a while. 

But you saying there not howe targets  is baseless aswell. 

Was it not reported Mitchell had already started working for us on the quiet before he was announced officially?

22 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Olise was £51m wasn’t he?

21 minutes ago, STM said:

Exactly. An absolute bargain at that price.

Olise’s price depended on which club was bidding. Think Bayern got him for £45m plus bits. Other various teams was more. Some teams the release clause didn’t even apply to. Was a very complicated transfer hence the delay confirming it.

Oh boy ... here we go. 

They won't let us sign their player. Such a nothing club ... such a small club.

I heard this same thing from Arsenal fans for not handing over Isak this summer.

Weak mentality.

Edited by KaKa

Just now, KaKa said:

Oh boy ... here we go. 

They won't let us sign they're player. Such a nothing club ... such a small club.

I heard this same thing from Arsenal fans for not handing over Isak this summer.

Weak mentality.

Toxic ego has been seeping into our fanbase post takeover, it’s sad but inevitable man 

4 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Yet they’ve sold a player for 50M+ and could have sold two more for 60M+. Not to mention Wharton. Can’t remember who said it in this thread but it just sounded a bit off.

Tbf that’s simply because of the crazy money which flows around in top flight football

I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek, and obviously any top flight club these days is a serious one

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Oh boy ... here we go. 

They won't let us sign they're player. Such a nothing club ... such a small club.

Weak mentality.

Palace are well within their rights to stick to their guns re their own players - no issue at all.  But they’re not some grand old club or owt.  They’re historically a lower league club - don’t see anything controversial about that. 

1 minute ago, Nine said:

Toxic ego has been seeping into our fanbase post takeover, it’s sad but inevitable man 

I guess all football fanbases are just the same for the most part.

Everyone punching down and then protesting when it's done to them.

The hypocrisy is crazy.

Just now, KaKa said:

I guess all football fanbases are just the same for the most part.

Everyone punching down and then protesting when it's done to them.

The hypocrisy is crazy.

Arsenal are, and have always been, a bigger club than us.  You’re setting up straw men here.  

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Palace are well within their rights to stick to their guns re their own players - no issue at all.  But they’re not some grand old club or owt.  They’re historically a lower league club - don’t see anything controversial about that. 

Okay, but why does that even matter in this instance.

They are going to be right there in the same league as us, fighting for the same things.

1 hour ago, Gawalls said:

Hypothetically asking - what if we paid for say Burn and Targett all cash in one go?

Doesn't matter, whether we pay in one go or over 100 years it goes in the FFP accounts split over five years (or the length of the player's contract if less than 5 years).

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

Tbf that’s simply because of the crazy money which flows around in top flight football

I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek, and obviously any top flight club these days is a serious one

Yeah, I wasn’t really annoyed :lol: it just sounded a bit like what Kaka mentioned above. I’ve never liked any club being called a nothing club. Call them Saaf London Cunts. Millwall supposedly call them Stripey Nigels which is amazing :lol: 

7 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

We might be getting an ice hockey season ticket at Ally Pally for the family.

That will actually be class. I lived literally 5 mins from there, right opposite maid of muswell pub in Muswell Hill.

Edited by Gawalls

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Arsenal are, and have always been, a bigger club than us.  You’re setting up straw men here.  

Oh okay, well as long as you're comfortable with them speaking disparagingly about Newcastle and thinking they have a right to our players because they are 'bigger', I guess that's alright then.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'm usually one for not tarring all fans with the same brush, but the Palace fans on their forum do seem to have a higher population of unlikeable characters than average.

I’m still giggling at Stripey Nigels :lol:

1 minute ago, Shak said:

It was @gbandit who called them a nothing club, IIRC?

Despicable carry on, really.

He can find you a traitor, no problem. But don't ask him to find you some humility.

I’ll happily hold my hands up and say they’re a nothing club until I last draw breath. Going to spend the rest of my days hating that club

Just now, KaKa said:

Oh okay, well as long as you're comfortable with them speaking disparagingly about Newcastle and thinking they have a right to our players because they are 'bigger', I guess that's alright then.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Okay, but why does that even matter in this instance.

They are going to be right there in the same league as us, fighting for the same things.

Where did I say they should hand their players over?  What they’ve done is perfectly reasonable.  He’s their player, they set a price if they wish to sell.  Nothing wrong there.

Of course Arsenal’s support will have a lot of people like that.  Most clubs of that size will - they only support them because they’re big and successful.  They’re not supporting Barnet from far away, are they?

Palace’s support appears to have a higher-than-average proportion of wankers in it.  More than happy to ‘throw some shade’ their way.  Fuck them.