Marc Guehi

gdm

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'm usually one for not tarring all fans with the same brush, but their forum does seem to have a higher population of unlikeable characters than average.

Most football fan forums and their presences on Twitter are all the same. I'd despise every club if I based my view of them off what they were like online. And us most of all.

2 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Hope so - cheap as chips tbh. My sis lives in Muswell Hill too and we can hit Toffs (amazing fish and chip shop) on the way home.

Yeah toffs is good - great Thai in the back of a pub just near there as well. Loved O’neills when it used to be there - great days, lived there 17 years.

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I’ll happily hold my hands up and say they’re a nothing club until I last draw breath. Going to spend the rest of my days hating that club

Howay man. They’re not a nothing club. They are a tiny club. Jack Russell little fuckers need their head bitten off. 

4 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

That will actually be class. I lived literally 5 mins from there, right opposite maid of muswell pub in Muswell Hill.

I do like the Maid of Muswell. My uncle used to live on Alexandra Park Rd just up from there. Arsenal fan - he was watching the box in his flat when Michael Thomas scored and remembers running up the hill in the park to Ally Pally just jumping and punching the air like Pele :lol: with nobody around.

5 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I’ll happily hold my hands up and say they’re a nothing club until I last draw breath. Going to spend the rest of my days hating that club

I get it, but if they’re a nothing club why do you hate them so much? :lol: I don’t hate Man City any more because they really are a nothing club to me now.

4 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Most football fan forums and their presences on Twitter are all the same. I'd despise every club if I based my view of them off what they were like online. And us most of all.

I'm saying this as someone who dips in to loads of opposition fan forums though, as I'm sure plenty of others do. That Holmesdale one stands out like a sore thumb (rtg for obvious reasons aside) to me.

9 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Yeah toffs is good - great Thai in the back of a pub just near there as well. Loved O’neills when it used to be there - great days, lived there 17 years.

I lived in Muswell Hill for years, always liked Famous Royal Oak on st James lane. Watched toon beat the Arse 3-1 at Highbury in the old O’neills 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

"We want to be successful, we want to be competing for trophies. But trying to make Europe, we expect to really be in Europe and that's got to be the aim for us next season."

Winning either domestic trophy gets you into Europe, and of course you're winning a trophy as well!

10 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

O’Neills was our hangout for a while - the women in the house chatted up all the waiters at La Porchetta so we used to get lock-ins and freebies. Halcyon days :lol:

14 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

I get it, but if they’re a nothing club why do you hate them so much? :lol: I don’t hate Man City any more because they really are a nothing club to me now.

Anger doesn’t have to be rational Leffe. We’ve been jilted at the altar by the bride’s dad!

1 hour ago, andycap said:

Mitchell wasn't there when we bid for olise and hasn't been in English football for a while. 

But you saying there not howe targets  is baseless aswell. 

I’m saying they are the decision of a transfer committee. As it’s been reported that that is how the club operates. You seem to be making it up as you go along. 

For what it’s worth (and I know I’m opening myself up for pelters if it doesn’t happen 😂), I’ve just spoken to one of my usual contacts and he’s still adamant that Guehi will sign this week, regardless of being cup tied. I must admit though, I’m starting to doubt it will happen personally, but confidence is still high 🤷‍♂️

Don’t shoot the messenger, eh 😁

11 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

As things stand it's been a shit window

3 more days to see if that changes 

It's made Eales and Mitchell look like a right bag of spoons so far. I'm not bothered by Guehi, I'd have walked as soon as Palace started pissing about and asking for anything over £50m, while Parish talked his bollocks publicly. If we don't already have alternatives lined up to go for prior to deadline day then we've been no better than we used to under Ashley as far as transfers are concerned for this window... bit embarrassing really for the Saudis and their project imo.

Edited by Armchair Pundit

3 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

For what it’s worth (and I know I’m opening myself up for pelters if it doesn’t happen 😂), I’ve just spoken to one of my usual contacts and he’s still adamant that Guehi will sign this week, regardless of being cup tied. I must admit though, I’m starting to doubt it will happen personally, but confidence is still high 🤷‍♂️

You ever asked why they're so adamant?

I can't see his being cup tied being a big deal. Annoying but it'd be weirdly and uncharacteristically short-termist of us if we walked away on that basis. 

1 hour ago, Shearergol said:

And then until January, and then until the end of the season, and then until we sell Isak, Bruno and Gordon. Only then will be know if we were wrong to not strengthen in this window, right?

Why are you so against the idea (forming a judgement later)? I can absolutely recommend coming around to the way of thinking because it makes for a much less stressful transfer window. :lol:

8 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

You're a brave man ;D

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

I can't see his being cup tied being a big deal. Annoying but it'd be weirdly and uncharacteristically short-termist of us if we walked away on that basis. 

Why are you so against the idea (forming a judgement later)? I can absolutely recommend coming around to the way of thinking because it makes for a much less stressful transfer window. :lol:

I agree with it in principle, but where does it stop? When can we actually start judging the club on the fact we’re still having to play Jacob Murphy on the right wing?