Marc Guehi

gdm

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

Again, can only go on what’s being reported. I’ve not assumed anything. I’m going off the report from Craig Hope

Which is bullshit. Craig is a shit stirring bullshit merchant. He works the for the Daily Mail for christ sake. The worst of the lot.

Just now, Shadow Puppets said:

Which is bullshit. Craig is a shit stirring bullshit merchant. He works the for the Daily Mail for christ sake. The worst of the lot.

I do agree that people who on other threads on this forum will right pillory everything written in the front pages of that publication, take as gospel everything written in the back. That whole publications remit is to make and keep the proles angry

It's obvious our #1 target was Guehi. Howe said many times we'll only spend big on long term targets which is the right way to go about things, but the fact Mitchell, the baldy bastard didn't realise they were stringing us along after the 3rd bid is beyond negligent.

Guehi is nowhere good enough to not warrant a backup.

9 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Hope has contacts inside the club so that’s likely where that’s come from. I’d be more worried that the club are putting it out there tbh.

Once again, I don't think Hope has been much of a reliable narrator. I am fairly sure that it wouldn't be beyond him to purposely take things out of context for a better story.

12 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

That’s not for me decide. Hope it is bullshit tho but tbf nothing you have said as a supposed ‘itk’ has actually transpired 

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

That’s not for me decide. Hope it is bullshit tho but tbf nothing you have said as a supposed ‘itk’ has actually transpired 

I’m not ITK… I’m just passing on info that I’ve heard from people on the playing side (and from Guehi’s side). I haven’t got a fucking clue myself what is happening.

But plenty of that stuff has been correct in the past. The Trippier stuff in January. The extent of Botman’s injury and what happened throughout that. The Liverpool Gordon stuff. All of that subsequently came out in the press or from the club afterwards.

41 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

This "Howe said it's Guehi or no one" is total bullshit. Like What if he said rightaway he has no interest in moving to Newcastle? Of course we have other targets, we might just have missed them or are waiting for example a Chelsea loanee / Chalobah etc. Or then we get no one. No club identifies one player and then accepts nothing else.

Yeah I don't believe any manager would say "him or no one". Other people within a club's hierarchy perhaps, but a manager is going to take any positive additions to the squad they can get, given how volatile their jobs are. 

4 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Wonder if Mitchell has offered alternatives to Eddie, but Eddie has dug his heels in and knocked back those suggestions. 

Not sure how that’s going to work in the future, like. Could be seeing some butting of heads in future transfer windows between the two.

I know they’ve apparently talked things out when they returned from Germany, but I’m still not sure everything is as rosy as they’re making it out to be. 

I wonder this too

40 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I’m not ITK… I’m just passing on info that I’ve heard from people on the playing side (and from Guehi’s side). I haven’t got a fucking clue myself what is happening.

But plenty of that stuff has been correct in the past. The Trippier stuff in January. The extent of Botman’s injury and what happened throughout that. The Liverpool Gordon stuff. All of that subsequently came out in the press or from the club afterwards.

I said weeks ago my contact was saying we wouldn’t pay more, we were trying to give them a more acceptable structure.

we were never going near £65m, and rightly so. If we can’t find a CB for £50m in Europe we’re doing a shit job 

1 minute ago, Rocker said:

Fwiw, Troy Deeney thinks he's leaving Palace tomorrow. Apparently they're close.

About as grim as an update as you can get.

Aye, I was listening when he said that. Obviously Guehi is still open to the idea and those close to him are sharing these titbits.

1 minute ago, CallumG6 said:

Deeney couldn’t find his arse with both hands the clown. 

Clinton Morrison also seemed certain of it the other day. 

Some of these ex players do tend to hear this stuff direct from source.

Edited by KaKa

I used to wonder if Sky Sports struck deals with certain clubs to run a deadline day saga each year.

Even though they already knew the deal was essentially done.

If there's a big fuss around Guehi tomorrow before he then moves to us, I will be even further convinced.