Marc Guehi

gdm

On 25/08/2024 at 10:43, SUPERTOON said:

He's kind of right though. I was also really annoyed about people (Arsenal fans especially) believing the media regarding Bruno "waving goodbye to the fans" bullshit. Players doesn't wave goodbye before a deal has been agreed or they are officially leaving. That's unprofessional, and could harm negotiations. Lets not fall down to Arsenal fans level.

Edited by Erikse

Didn’t see this previously, it was in BBC’s preview for the Bournemouth game. Nothing monumental but it backs up what Shadow Puppets says about Guehi wanting/expecting to come here and that he’s told friends etc as much. 

IMG_6997.jpeg

9 minutes ago, duo said:

Insane really

If we don't sign Guehi, definitely. If we do then we've been spot on to not look elsewhere since he's seemingly number one choice.

3 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Sorry what, the public nature has rubbed Palace up the wrong way?

Parish must be annoyed the way Parish went on talksport and SSN to publicly discuss it. 

8 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Didn’t see this previously, it was in BBC’s preview for the Bournemouth game. Nothing monumental but it backs up what Shadow Puppets says about Guehi wanting/expecting to come here and that he’s told friends etc as much. 

IMG_6997.jpeg

Sorry what?

They were the ones that went public ffs![emoji38]

Kind of feels like he's going to have a mediocre or bad season if we don't sign him, and Palace will deeply regret it.[emoji38] The problem for them now is that there is not much time left to get a replacement if they sell.

Edited by Erikse

Seriously no club would sell their captain during the last few days of the window, and likely without replacement. Even if the money we offered is astronomical, I would be furious if I am CP fans.

19 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Sorry what, the public nature has rubbed Palace up the wrong way?

“I’ve pissed all over my floor and having piss on my floor has rubbed me up the wrong way”

1 minute ago, Zero said:

Seriously no club would sell their captain during the last few days of the window, and likely without replacement. Even if the money we offered is astronomical, I would be furious if I am CP fans.

We are contemplating doing it with Trippier. 

6 minutes ago, Zero said:

Them losing the first 2 games probably doesn't help us either.

4 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

We are contemplating doing it with Trippier. 

The only similarity is that both are captains and british, the rest is very different.

Edited by Erikse

6 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Them losing the first 2 games probably doesn't help us either.

The only similarity is that both are captains and british, the rest is very different.

I can’t help you if you’re hellbent on searching every negative. The point was just made that it was a uniquely rare thing to do, but it isn’t. You’re just finding things to latch negativity and anxiety onto.

Take 10 mins: what’s the worst that will happen if we don’t sign anyone? Newcastle might not be as good as you hoped? Life and times move on.

Christ’s sake gents.

17 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

At the point now that I actively hate this deal. :lol:

I’m kinda hoping news will just break that we’ve agreed a deal for someone else 

There’s a good chance that Palace are trying to get replacements in & are themselves getting quoted inflated prices, as a direct result of the how they’ve played us. 

39 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

I can’t help you if you’re hellbent on searching every negative. The point was just made that it was a uniquely rare thing to do, but it isn’t. You’re just finding things to latch negativity and anxiety onto.

Take 10 mins: what’s the worst that will happen if we don’t sign anyone? Newcastle might not be as good as you hoped? Life and times move on.

Christ’s sake gents.

Not trying to be negative, just trying to be realistic about the Guehi deal in isolation.. I didn't say anything about not signing anyone being the end of the world either, you're making that up if that's directed towards me. Sorry for not being overly positive and biased, I guess..

Edited by Erikse