Marc Guehi

gdm

12 minutes ago, TRon said:

I did say in my first post in this thread I would be wary of getting too excited about this deal because his agent might be using us to negotiate a fee then when Liverpool step in at the right price, he fucks off there. Not saying that's going to happen, but just let's not put all our eggs in one basket.

I doubt we are, we almost always have a back up.

1 hour ago, gazza ladra said:

I don't get the Chalobah thing. He looked really good from what I saw last season, better than Badiashile. That was the tail end of the season when Chelsea were dreadfully good. Now  they've got Tosin, who apparently stunk things up.

Is Chalobah any good? He's 25 and just breaking through now. Haven't much in terms of rumours or a price tag. 

So selling Gallagher and Chalobah are both "pure profit" moves?

Only thing I can really remember about him was he was ridiculously lucky not to conceded a penalty against Jacob Murphy, during the infamous Havertz elbow game at Stamford Bridge a few years back

Hoping for one of those 11pm-ish Sunday night exclusives from one of the more reliable journos saying we've moved Guehi and Osula along in a positive way.

3 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Hoping for one of those 11pm-ish Sunday night exclusives from one of the more reliable journos saying we've moved Guehi and Osula along in a positive way.

Who are the reliable journo’s? Edwards, Lieu, Delaney, Ziegler et al are all given shit on here, isn’t Ornstein reliable and if not who the fuck is?

Ornsteins probably the best for transfers. I used to think Caulkin was decent due to his access to Staveley but I think that’s now obviously a dead end. 

Edwards is by far the worst. He’ll never live down the Henry Mauriss bullshit and he’s played the dickhead ever since because he knows his credibility is in the shitter.

1 hour ago, Unbelievable said:

Huijsen for 12m and a right winger please

I thought we would do more of these types of signings.  

Thiaw vs Guehi depends on the impact on other transfers and FFP. If we remain compliant and can sign our highest RW target. Yeh Guehi. 

4 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Here's one, would we rather have Thiaw at £35 million or Guehi at circa £60 million?

Guehi is 24 years old and is a top 4 defender. If we want to consistently challenge for the top 4, we should sign him. He's available, refused to sign a new contract, and has 2 years left. Next year, he'll be unattainable because clubs like Liverpool will be after him.

Edited by tarie4

8 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

No way we can afford to drop £60m+ on Guehi without a major sale, surely. I fear Gordon will chosen to depart to fund 2 major signings.

I don’t see why we wouldn’t be able to?

1 minute ago, Alberto2005 said:

We've literally just brought in 40-50m in sales and signed a free transfer, it can't be that tight surely.

And dropped off a £70m loss year and brought on board a £40m a year sponsor plus whatever the hell the fan zone is about to earn 

Just now, SteV said:

I don’t see why we wouldn’t be able to?

Unless we make some real revenue gains between now and then - I don’t see how we can afford it FFP wise.  

2x 60m signings will add about £40m maybe more through amortisation and wages,  agent fees etc. 

I assume we have to sell to balance the books in that case.  But we don’t have to balance them until next June. And way may find revenue streams

3 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

We've literally just brought in 40-50m in sales and signed a free transfer, it can't be that tight surely.

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Unless we make some real revenue gains between now and then - I don’t see how we can afford it FFP wise.  

2x 60m signings will add about £40m maybe more through amortisation and wages,  agent fees etc. 

I assume we have to sell to balance the books in that case.  But we don’t have to balance them until next June. And way may find revenue streams

Who’s the second £60m signing?

17 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

No way we can afford to drop £60m+ on Guehi without a major sale, surely. I fear Gordon will chosen to depart to fund 2 major signings.

I really can’t understand why people think this. Are people on this forum in the finance department? The club is now run by serious people they don’t go out and bid random amounts without knowing what that means for PSR. 
This is no longer the Ashley era chill the F out man 

1 minute ago, Magdad said:

And dropped off a £70m loss year and brought on board a £40m a year sponsor plus whatever the hell the fan zone is about to earn 

Our revenue is c. £300m this season as it stands.  Our wages and amortisation is at least £280m. Probably closer to £300m. Unless we make sales or increase revenues elsewhere I don’t see how we can afford another £100m+ summer with Minimal outgoings. 

3 minutes ago, SteV said:

Who’s the second £60m signing?

Sorry I was talking about a RW. Hypothetical.  

My position is if we can spend £60m on Guehi and get our top target at RW - it’s doesn’t matter how much cheaper Thiaw is. If we can splash the cash who cares right? doubt that’s the case though. 

4 minutes ago, Jagten said:

Honestly, mate, when someone starts talking about assumptions and guesswork, I'm out. We've got chartered accountants at Newcastle United who get paid to crunch the numbers.

These Twitter and forum accountants have no idea how much we actually needed to meet PSR regulations June 30 2024. So how can they predict what we can or can't spend? I'll tell you how, through assumptions and guesswork.. 

If the management says we can spend 300 million this summer, I trust them. They've never given me a reason to doubt them.

5 minutes ago, Toonjam88 said:

I really can’t understand why people think this. Are people on this forum in the finance department? The club is now run by serious people they don’t go out and bid random amounts without knowing what that means for PSR. 
This is no longer the Ashley era chill the F out man 

Totally agree with this.

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Our revenue is c. £300m this season as it stands.  Our wages and amortisation is at least £280m. Probably closer to £300m. Unless we make sales or increase revenues elsewhere I don’t see how we can afford another £100m+ summer with Minimal outgoings. 

You are already on a watch list of being a whind up merchant so again prity sure the people running the club know better 👍🏻