Marc Guehi

gdm

4 minutes ago, TRC said:

I havent seen a tonne of either, but I also watched Guehi get run ragged by Callum Wilson, Jacob Murphy and Sean Longstaff last season. 

So that's all you've seen of Palace and Guehi?

And in your opinion he was the one getting run ragged and was responsible for their errors?

Just now, KaKa said:

And in your opinion he was the one getting run ragged and was responsible for their errors?

No, I've seen a lot of Guehi. I watch a lot of football. I rate Guehi, I just feel like we are paying a 20% premium on him. 45m + 5m add ons if we win something I can live with. 65m is insanity.

4 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Think its a buy for potential, as much as ability. Only just turned 24. Will be interesting to see if we bite on this third offer - will give us a real insight into just how confident top brass is in the lad

If we've offered 50m then they're pretty confident.  

7 minutes ago, TRC said:

I havent seen a tonne of either, but I also watched Guehi get run ragged by Callum Wilson, Jacob Murphy and Sean Longstaff last season. 

Palace as a club were pretty stinking at that point weren’t they under Roy? Im probably sure Schar has had some absolute stinkers and been ran ragged by some pretty ordinary players before Howe came in. 

2 minutes ago, Fak said:

Palace as a club were pretty stinking at that point weren’t they under Roy? Im probably sure Schar has had some absolute stinkers and been ran ragged by some pretty ordinary players before Howe came in. 

I agree, I just have PTSD from our PSR issues in June, I'd be fuming if we are in a similar spot this year due to spending 20m too much on a CB.

17 minutes ago, TRC said:

Rondon were turning Ake inside out also a few seasons ago.

1 minute ago, nufc123 said:

Rondon were turning Ake inside out also a few seasons ago.

Lets not disrespect Salomon Rondon.

16 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Think its a buy for potential, as much as ability. Only just turned 24. Will be interesting to see if we bite on this third offer - will give us a real insight into just how confident top brass is in the lad

You don't usually pay £60m for potential when it comes to defenders like. You'd want the finished article for that.

11 minutes ago, TRC said:

I agree, I just have PTSD from our PSR issues in June, I'd be fuming if we are in a similar spot this year due to spending 20m too much on a CB.

Fair enough. I’d like to think we’ve learnt our lesson and signing Guehi means we’d only have to sell a fringe player or two to comply with PSR as opposed to selling Bruno or Isak or Gordon for big £ just to make ends meet. 

I also share the opinion that £65m is a huge fee for him, in comparison to some other players who look good (Lacroix, Tobido, Hujlsen etc) 

Rightly or wrongly, I tell myself the club researches it's players to the  n-th degree and knows when to pay a premium for the right player. So far all our purchases have worked out well and at good value (Tonali ban aside) 

Both clubs will compromise a bit and it'll be an "undisclosed fee".

I said the same about Maddison mind, but you don't see many deals with the player and both clubs are keen to do a deal and it doesn't get done. 

2 minutes ago, duo said:

Can we through in a bid in for Eze whilst we are at it 

I'd love Eze, but he is not a winger which is what we need.

Would love for us to tell Dougie to stick it, play some hardball and tell him we're gonna go shop in Europe. Can take the 50m now or 40m from some other in January. Either way we all know Guehi isn't signing that extension and ultimately they have no leverage.

5 minutes ago, TRC said:

I'd love Eze, but he is not a winger which is what we need.

I think he has played on the right on occasion but granted maybe not his best position 

1 minute ago, duo said:

I think he has played on the right on occasion but granted maybe not his best position 

Olise was on the right for them, Eze the same position as Maddison really. Can play 8 or 10 but better as a 10.

45 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

But if that was what was needed, wouldn't we be doing that?

Well it looks like we are currently does it not? :lol:

Clear away all the guff spouted. We’ve two positions to sort all window. RCB and RW. So far we have neither. We want to ship a RW ideally Miggy. We haven’t been able to do that either.

Hopefully before the end of window we will have what’s looking like MG as our RCB put likely played out of position hence why we might think we can delay. 

No clear and obvious RW targets it seems being discussed so likelihood those negations haven’t even started (to be leaked) as not close to selling Miggy.

2 hours ago, WilliamPS said:

The 65m figure is being put about by Palace to set price expectations. It’s the maximum not the minimum.

A 50m bid is probably close to what the nufcr hierarchy  think his max value is, so Palace might get a slightly higher offer and some add ons but at that point it will be up to them whether they want to cash in or not. Pretty clear there’ll not be a new contract so do Palace take the cash now  or run the risk of him running it down.

Bearing in mind Chelsea reportedly have a 20% sell on clause then £50m really isn’t enough for palace.

40 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Hard to blame the Longstaff goal on anybody else like :lol:

2 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Bearing in mind Chelsea reportedly have a 20% sell on clause then £50m really isn’t enough for palace.

Yeah but they only have a 20% sell on because Palace ONLY paid £18m for him a couple of years ago. Can’t have it both ways.

Just now, LFEE said:

Yeah but they only have a 20% sell on because Palace ONLY paid £18m for him a couple of years ago. Can’t have it both ways.

That has nothing to do with what I’m saying - what I’m saying is if they accept £50m then they only have £40m to replace him. That’s really not a lot.

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

That has nothing to do with what I’m saying - what I’m saying is if they accept £50m then they only have £40m to replace him. That’s really not a lot.

I'm not seeing your point here, they put a 20% sell on clause to get the deal done, so now they want to inflate the price because they agreed to a clause?

They are replacing him with Lacroix for 20m.

2 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

They’ll have a lot less to replace him with if they don’t sell him this window.

Just now, TRC said:

I'm not seeing your point here, they put a 20% sell on clause to get the deal done, so now they want to inflate the price because they agreed to a clause?

They are replacing him with Lacroix for 20m.

I’d we had a highly rated England player who was only 24 and just had an amazing euro, had a twenty percent sell on clause and we let him go for £50m whilst his stock is high this place would go mental.