Players that were actually decent for us that are totally forgotten

gjohnson

5 hours ago, Keggy_Keagal said:

The impact of Kilcline (which KK was extremely effusive about at the time) was absolutely vital that season we stayed up . It was also vital in stopping a certain young midfielder from getting his head stoved in by a large group of fellas on the Tuxedo Princess/Royale. 

For those of us not around back then which young midfielder are you referring to? 

From the little we ever saw of him, I always liked what I saw of Lee Makel. Mackem or not.

Edited by wmot

8 hours ago, Nine said:

For those of us not around back then which young midfielder are you referring to? 

David Roche got into a  bit bother back then. Might be him he was on about.

9 hours ago, El Prontonise said:

Never remember Jamie Mclen being decent for us.

He didn’t look out of place in the games he played under SBR, if memory serves we didn’t lose any of the games he played.

Given some of the utter cloggers that have regularly started in the years since, I think it illustrates how fine a line there is between making it and fading into Northern League obscurity

17 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

He didn’t look out of place in the games he played under SBR, if memory serves we didn’t lose any of the games he played.

Given some of the utter cloggers that have regularly started in the years since, I think it illustrates how fine a line there is between making it and fading into Northern League obscurity

Did ok v Spurs and Peterborough away in the cup.

If we're thinking totally forgotten, and can include loans, then Paul Bodin was decent in the six games he played for us.

I remember one game that was played in really strong wind, he was the only player sensible enough to drill passes into players at pace.

1 hour ago, Andy84 said:

Kevin Gallagher 

Very good signing for the price and clubs circumstances at the time. One of those very rare smart pieces of business from the club in that era 

Darren Peacock was decent i thought, especially when he was probably the only proper defender in the team, always liked him.

Edited by Bimpy474

34 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

Darren Peacock was decent i thought, especially when he was probably the only proper defender in the team, always liked him.

We always seem to sign good players from QPR

Probably not the right thread but Marcelino was “ok” wasn’t he when he actually got a game? (Note: I’m not nominating him as a player who was decent for us)