The worst Newcastle player you've seen in a match

gjohnson

2 minutes ago, Ben said:

Scott Sloan 

Played against him for The Dudleu Hotel. Can't recall who he was playing for but it was on the pitch at East Hartford on a Sunday. 

Got a vague memory he was a firefighter by then, with a Swedish wife and moved out there. 

Bit harsh to call him your worst, imho

1 minute ago, Groundhog63 said:

Played against him for The Dudleu Hotel. Can't recall who he was playing for but it was on the pitch at East Hartford on a Sunday. 

Got a vague memory he was a firefighter by then, with a Swedish wife and moved out there. 

Bit harsh to call him your worst, imho

Did his performance stand out that day in your vague memory ? 

28 minutes ago, NSG said:

Cacapa vs Pompey. 

This one.  Taken off after 17 minutes, while 3-0 down.  No way a player comes back from that.

Bruce Halliday, centre back in a 0-6 defeat at Chelsea in a Second Division match, 1980. It was his debut and he looked incredibly nervous, so maybe one should make an allowance. Losing a Second Division game 6-0 was truly a low point. 

Playing in only his second game that day at centre forward was one Christopher Waddle. My only memory of him is of a folorn figure struggling to get anywhere near the ball.

The early 80s was the worst of times.

Edited by Cronky

38 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Geremi v Scunthorpe (a) in 2009/10 was a low point for me. Hooked after 60 mins for Marlon Harewood. I don’t know whether he ever played again for us after that but he looked every inch the 47 year old he probably was.

Absolutely this. Was such a weird night for me, Scunny being my hometown team, followed them for years yet couldn’t join in with the jubilation of their biggest result in years. Just stood there embarrassed by it all :lol: Geremi barely moved.