League Cup 2nd Round Draw - Nottingham Forest (a)

The Round Two draw of the Carabao Cup will take place live on Sky Sports following the conclusion of Leeds United v Middlesborough on Wednesday 14 August.

Sky Sports’ Carabao Cup presenter Caroline Barker will host the draw that sees Burnley, Luton Town and the 13 Premier League Clubs not participating in European competitions enter the competition at this stage. The Carabao Cup remains regionalised in the early rounds with the draw split into a southern and northern section until Round Three.  

Ball numbers for the Draw will be finalised on the morning of Wednesday 14 August.

Round Two ties will take place week commencing 26 August.  

Edited by 54

Just now, Alberto2005 said:

I thought top half teams automatically went into the third round, when did that change?

Just those in European competition get a "bye" into the third round

Is it seeded or can we draw another PL team? 

Although not sure there’ll be another one in this round in the northern section? Unless Wolves are?

Just now, SteV said:

Is it seeded or can we draw another PL team? 

Although not sure there’ll be another one in this round in the northern section? Unless Wolves are?

Think it's seeded, then the ridiculous change to the Third Round where teams in Europe can't meet each other. 

Does anyone know if we will play on the Tuesday or Wednesday? AUGUST 27th or 28th?? 

or ….does it all depend on who we draw / depend if it’s a home tie / or away tie ?

Two reasons 

One - Tonali could play if it’s the Wednesday ?

Two - I go on holiday on that Tuesday evening and don’t arrive until 9pm , would miss the match 

Hoping we play on a Wednesday for obvious reasons !!

Anyone know ?

Just now, JonBez comesock said:

Does anyone know if we will play on the Tuesday or Wednesday? AUGUST 27th or 28th?? 

or ….does it all depend on who we draw / depend if it’s a home tie / or away tie ?

Two reasons 

One - Tonali could play if it’s the Wednesday ?

Two - I go on holiday on that Tuesday evening and don’t arrive until 9pm , would miss the match 

Hoping we play on a Wednesday for obvious reasons !!

Anyone know ?

I’d be fairly sure it’s the Wednesday given we’re away at Bournemouth on Sunday 25th.

*unless there’s capacity for any games on the Thursday?

Lasts seasons cup fixtures:

Man City (H)

Man United (A)

Chelsea (A)

Sunderland (A)

Fulham (A)

Blackburn (A)

Man City (A)

AC Milan

Dortmund 

PSG

We're due an easy home game, hopefully someone like Carlisle.

Just now, SteV said:

Looking at the potential opponents I assume you’re referring to:

Bradford

Salford

Hull

We'll get them eventually mate. We both know this :lol: 

Absolutely fuming with myself, been sat here for 40 minutes watching this post match coverage thinking the draw was happening any minute, when it’s tomorrow. What a donut.

Perfect game to bring Tonali back for is this, can count as his pre-season friendly to get him up to speed for the PL games. Hardest draw we can get is likely to be Everton (A) presumably? Or maybe a Wolves depending on how the north/south divide works out. Either way, we are going to get a nicer looking draw on paper than last season!