Newcastle United 1-0 Southampton (17/08/24)

Disco

2 minutes ago, GEFAFWISP said:

It's just another shit attempt at possession football mixed with tactical fouling from a newly promoted side. Doesn't help that incompetent refs fall for their shite and never book them appropriately.

This.

These will go down. Shown no quality, just found a fucking mug who dislikes us. Look at their attitude, they’ll have red card after red card once they comes across a different referee.

1 minute ago, catlover24 said:

It’s because of people like you that the game’s gone

Refs don't make the laws, they just apply them.  Yes refs can be poor, and interpret the rules in a strange way, but no ref goes out to be poor, they just are through lack of ability like this clown.

Rumour has it the reason Pawson hates the North-East is because he once burnt his mouth on a chicken bake from Greggs. 

Just now, Bimpy474 said:

Refs don't make the laws, they just apply them.  Yes refs can be poor, and interpret the rules in a strange way, but no ref goes out to be poor, they just are through lack of ability like this clown.

I agree, they just have to be completely consistent so both teams know what to expect.

Just now, McDog said:

I agree, they just have to be completely consistent so both teams know what to expect.

Aye, and that's the problem in the main actually, a lack of consistency.

1 minute ago, Bimpy474 said:

Sorry like, I respect you for what you do at the level you do. However the top referees get there because they have greased the right hands.

It’s always someone in a middle class job, never the shop worker, brick layer, or factory worker who gets either into the Premier League, or even the EFL.

8 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

I used to referee, and it's in the laws. Just putting your head there in an aggressive manner is enough, which ever way you cut it he did that. 

It's not fair, and you're correct Diaz was the initial aggressor, but as happens in these things, he got Fab to give him the chance play act. The retaliation was not really much, but what it was, was enough. Mate i agree with most of your view, but a red unfortunately it was as the Laws are.

To clarify: you believe this was the correct application of the laws of the game?

Just checking.