Edmond Tapsoba

Yorkie

4 minutes ago, STM said:

Alot of guesswork going on out there right now. 

Keith Downie said that we would "100% sign a CB" this window, though. Which I thought was rather confident.

It’s been a terrible window from the journalists reporting on us.

4 minutes ago, STM said:

Alot of guesswork going on out there right now. 

Keith Downie said that we would "100% sign a CB" this window, though. Which I thought was rather confident.

Problem is the local journos only tend to report what they're told by the club. All of the Guehi updates came from Palace, so they're in the dark again.

That's why I'm convinced that this is a tactical leak to try and show Palace we're serious about walking.

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Would be happy with Tapsoba, or Guehi but feels like where settling with the other 3 mentioned, not sure any of them would unsurp Schar and Botman when fit.

Still not sure why where not considering Diomande right sided CB with similar attributes, good age(if correct) and high ceiling.

Just now, Whitley mag said:

Would be happy with Tapsoba, or Guehi but feels like where settling with the other 3 mentioned, not sure any of them would unsurp Schar and Botman when fit.

Still not sure why where not considering Diomande right sided CB with similar attributes, good age(if correct) and high ceiling.

Agree with all of that. Although I suspect we will have more than the names on that list.

Just now, STM said:

Agree with all of that. Although I suspect we will have more than the names on that list.

Possibly seems like a big drop off from the main 2 mentioned in terms of pedigree.

3 hours ago, TRon said:

I thought it was said there's a €95-100m release clause. Why does anyone think it will cost £50m?

I don't think it will happen, was just making a reference to the Tonali suprise sale which made more sense later.

Edited by Erikse

22 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Douglas ramping up for a scapegoat. Guys not even been here two months. Recruitment is a club effort. It’s not just Mitchell and no one at the club will solely “blame” him for any “failures”. Journalists suck. 

State of play on this so far is interesting:

- Confirmed by Ornstein

- Nothing at all from the big German journalists like Plettenberg who usually report on everything

- Only ones to pour cold water on it so far are Bailey and some bloke who works for Transfermarkt

I don't know if this is good or bad :lol:

41 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Yes but if I asked you 3 months ago, you'd be like, yeah he's good on fifa 

Had won Bundesliga three months ago.

3 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Douglas ramping up for a scapegoat. Guys not even been here two months. Recruitment is a club effort. It’s not just Mitchell and no one at the club will solely “blame” him for any “failures”. Journalists suck. 

Douglas is pretty level headed to be fair and I don't think it's entirely disingenuous to suggest there is pressure on the recruitment team to seal some deals to improve the squad , with just over a week until deadline day

10 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Didn't that yanga mbiwa? In a Shite league mind 

Never played in Bundesliga. Thanks for your input!

5 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Aye. Luke Edwards going after Eales via implication recently in the Telegraph too. Pure parasitism. 

1 minute ago, Pancrate1892 said:

I know. That's not relevant either. Thanks 

Alright. How is Yanga-Mbiwa winning Ligue 1 a decade ago relevant to NUFC potentially signing Tapsoba from Leverkusen in 2024?

18 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Didn't that yanga mbiwa? In a Shite league mind 

Tapsoba won the Bundesliga in a side that didn’t lose a single game and only conceded 24 goals in 34 games 

honesty this downplaying of achievements because it doesn’t fit a narrative is just weird. Same for the narrative around Minteh only playing in a shite league

20 minutes ago, gdm said:

Tapsoba won the Bundesliga in a side that didn’t lose a single game and only conceded 24 goals in 34 games 

honesty this downplaying of achievements because it doesn’t fit a narrative is just weird. Same for the narrative around Minteh only playing in a shite league

I wasn't.

I just said mbiwa won the French league at Lens. 

Don't know anything about this other gadgie, just making a comparison

55 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

It’s been a terrible window from the journalists reporting on us.

What does this even mean? You do know how the transfer window works don’t you?

Never understand why people take transfer updates as gospel. The whole process is based on misinformation up until they are spotted at the club and even then it means nothing.