Newcastle United Vs. AFC Wimbledon [LCR3] (01/10/24) Live on SkySports+ (Chelsea (h) if we progress)

Just now, Wolfcastle said:

Got a feeling the teams in Europe will get home draws to save travel, by chance, it'll be the rule before long though

Not see it earlier?

They did a pre-draw that was actually rigged, 4 out of the 6 teams got home tied. The first 4 were all drawn at home, Dawson kept the red ball in his hand and they only changed it up when Chapman joked about all the home ties.

Normally buzzing for it, especially after being certain we’re out. This new format has proper pissed me off though, it is fucking scandalous. Pissed me off even more so that we’re playing one of the cunts away.

AFC Wimbledon at SJP, is it too much to ask ffs? @god 

1 minute ago, Decky said:

None of the European teams can get each other and the first four out of the pot get home ties. :lol: 

WTF is this bollocks? 

You are lying yeah?

Just now, Danh1 said:

Normally buzzing for it, especially after being certain we’re out. This new format has proper pissed me off though, it is fucking scandalous. Pissed me off even more so that we’re playing one of the cunts away.

AFC Wimbledon at SJP, is it too much to ask ffs? @god 

Absolute no need for them to be seeded, they even say it’s to prevent a fixture clash in Europe. There is no fixture clash, there is no potential for a fixture class, it’s glass ceiling generation.

2 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

image.png.4eb36cbeb55987e463c635ba90f69e07.png

Beyond parody. (*literally as I just made a remark above not knowing this was actually already the case)

Almost worth taking the hit on ever winning it to mercy kill this miserable cup off.

Will be City again, like coming through against Blackburn last year and feeling it was all for nowt.

Edited by Wolfcastle

Just now, Stifler said:

Absolute no need for them to be seeded, they even say it’s to prevent a fixture clash in Europe. There is no fixture clash, there is no potential for a fixture class, it’s glass ceiling generation.

It’s anti competitive. Then again, most of the rules they bring in are. Why aren’t club challenging it legally? 

Just now, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Keeping the European teams apart was a necessary evil isn’t it? Due to the split euro fixtures over 2 weeks. Should have just banned them from the competition though.

the home/away bit is just stupid though 

Shouldn’t matter. Just play the games on the week they don’t fucking play.

God, last season we were in Europe and faced the CL sides Man City and Man Utd.:lol: Ofcourse they change it now.

Edited by Erikse