Newcastle United Vs. AFC Wimbledon [LCR3] (01/10/24) Live on SkySports+ (Chelsea (h) if we progress)

4 minutes ago, whiteline said:

No scramble here. I received an email from NUFC @ 10.20 informing the ballot was open, clicked on the link provided and found myself in a queue for Brighton tickets.

Never understood why a multi billion pound company in the 21st century could make such a pigs ear of a website.

They’d be better off staggering the emails by an hour or two so everyone didn’t pile in at 10am. But no doubt they’d get complaints about some getting the email ahead of others.

1 minute ago, SteV said:

They’d be better off staggering the emails by an hour or two so everyone didn’t pile in at 10am. But no doubt they’d get complaints about some getting the email ahead of others.

The point here though is that I'm following a link provided by the club to enter a ballot and find myself in a queue for Brighton tickets. Ive no problem queuing but being in the right one would be good. (yes I know i'll end up in the right one but this again highlights the inadequacies of the web site.)

You're right - there would be complaints if someone had a one second advantage! The resale is bad enough. refresh, refresh refresh 

16 minutes ago, whiteline said:

The point here though is that I'm following a link provided by the club to enter a ballot and find myself in a queue for Brighton tickets. Ive no problem queuing but being in the right one would be good. (yes I know i'll end up in the right one but this again highlights the inadequacies of the web site.)

You're right - there would be complaints if someone had a one second advantage! The resale is bad enough. refresh, refresh refresh 

It isn’t really a queue for a specific match though (yeah, I know that’s what they tell you when they send the link), it’s just one general queue to gain access to the ticket site.

Should be one of the easiest games to get tickets in the resale for given a load of fans will find getting beat of arguably still the best team in world on Saturday far too embarrassing to show up to St James' ever again.  

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

They never used to, mind. Just thinking back even just 10-14 years ago, PL clubs would hardly ever sell out early League Cup games. When we went to Old Trafford in 2012 there were 30,000 empty seats and we only took 700 fans. Compare that to the game last season. Anfield as well, only got 22,500 in against Northampton in 2010.

Interest and the overall prestige of going to matches has gone up massively in the last decade.

Neither did we tbf. Remember sitting in sparse crowds for early League Cup games v Cheltenham and Northampton. Think we had less than 20k v Spurs as well.

Like you say interest in going to watch live football, especially at the top of the ladder, is through the roof these days and even early round LC games are more or less guaranteed sell outs for the big clubs.

NUFC need to consider this when it comes to the stadium plans. Going to 60k won't be enough to future proof us.

Think that Man Utd game was where fans of both teams stayed away in protest at the ticket prices. Weren't they something daft like £45?

53 minutes ago, patrone said:

So basically the issue isn't that there is a queue, it's only that the landing page for the queue only mentions Brighton tickets 🤣🤣

1st world problems etc etc etc 

Nope, it isn't the issue. There are already members on this forum who gave up on trying for a resale ticket because of the Brighton queue, a queue heavily inflated by NUFC members following a link provided by the club to enter a Wimbledon ballot.

Hats off to the club for getting this off the ground so quickly but the ticketing system has been shown to be inadequate many times and yet still we stumble along.

5 hours ago, geordiesteve710 said:

Drew 2-2. Funny enough it was 36 years ago today.

Mad that he got away with that. Looked through the nufc.com archives and the game I was at was 87/88 but funnily enough was on 23rd September so almost to the day again. Garth Crooks got both Charlton goals and it was game over early on :(. Good job I expected little else in those days.

41 minutes ago, TBG said:

I'm pulling figures out of thin air like most people do to justify their argument, however, £15,000 is embarrassing from the club considering they give Targett £250,000 a week. 

This kind of thing is so frustrating. Definitely a modern day problem. It’s a great gesture. It should be received that way.

Not sure if joking…

18 minutes ago, LFEE said:

This kind of thing is so frustrating. Definitely a modern day problem. It’s a great gesture. It should be received that way.

Not sure if joking…

It's TBG, every post he makes is a piss take of the highest order. 

His commitment to the bit is unrivalled :lol: